Frugal Village Forums banner

2011 Coupon Savings Challenge

16K views 348 replies 61 participants last post by  emily_hope 
#1 ·
Ok, time to start clipping for next year. This is one of the easiest ways to save money so come on coupon users and join this challenge. If you save money with Q's, rebates, store card discounts, it counts.

Cat

#21 ·
Great idea! Is this a program you'd be willing to share with us?

Oh, by the way, I'm in for this challenge!

#17 ·
Im sort of hit and miss with them too. I use them a while and do well, and then sort of forget about them. Im hoping this site helps me stay on budget better

#18 ·
I'm in. Last year I only kept track until Apr., I continued to use coupons I just didn't keep a record of how much I saved. In just 4 months last year I saved about $500.

I count coupons, store promos like 'earned gift cards' Kohl's cash and register rewards.

#19 ·
I am in on this as well. I will try my best to keep up with my savings thru coupons and so forth. Good Luck everyone...I hope we all save TONS of money this year.

#20 ·
Did my first January shopping today. I took lots of coupons, but found this week store brand was cheaper. I only used two coupons and saved $1.75. Store discount card savings was $6.59

SUBTOTAL:coupons $1.75 discount card 6.59

#22 ·
I did my first shopping trip to CVS last night...since the sales flier ends on 1/1/11, I'm counting the coupon totals and ECB for the new year! I used $13.40 in coupons and recieved $10 back in ECB, I will do better next shopping trip now that I have some ECB to work with....I hope to get my stockpile of freebies and cheapies back up again!

#23 ·
I'm ready to begin this challenge:mdance:. Coupons in hand, grocery list in hand and menu planned for first week of 2011

#24 ·
Count me in! I shall spend my day cleaning out the coupon binder, cutting coupons from my December inserts, getting those new coupons in the binder.

Don't forget that January 2nd is supposed to be the biggest coupon day of the year! Get out and buy those Sunday papers!

#25 ·
I've come to these forums today with a purpose; I am looking for support and accountability. My husband and I have agreed on a plan that would allow me the luxury of having the option to quit my "punch the clock" job as of July of 2012 if we can meet some financial goals by that time. In order to have a chance a doing so, not only must I stay within in the budget (which I normally do), but I must reduce discretionary spending so that it is at least 10% below budget. I'm going to every challenge I think can help us meet this goal, and I would love some :smhelp:.

This being said, I am in on this one. I have let my coupon go the last few months, so I clean out my organizer and start fresh in January.

#28 ·
I'm in.

I've never counted the store card savings, but if everyone is, I will also so we're all on the same page.

I think..... I'll track monthly, and add it up in December.

I'll be excited to see what we save combined!

#29 ·
I'm in! Loved it last year, really helped keep me motivated and let me see how much money we actually were savings!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.