Frugal Village Forums banner

Twelve Days of January Challenge!!

2K views 43 replies 9 participants last post by  madhen 
#1 ·
My goal to is to do this challenge monthly - so here we go for the first month!! In case you're new to this idea - choose any denomination of money that works for you - a dime, quarter or dollar bill. Put aside one of them on Day 1, two on day 2, etc.

Yesterday I put $1 in my savings can and today I added $2.

I did this for November and December, then used the $$$s for some fun over the holidays!!

#3 ·
Major deja vu :lol:

I'm in, doing double dimes this time... the money will be added to the change jar when it's over.

.20 In

#4 ·
I'm in! :) $1 for the 1st, $2 for the 2nd and $3 for today!

#6 ·
I am counting this as day 2 for me.

.40 In
.60 Total

#7 ·
Nice to see I'm not alone in this challenge!!

I put 3 in today for a total of six.

For me, I am being ambitious to put $1 in - and know that some months I will be using coins instead - and that's perfectly fine. The goal is to be consistent!

#9 ·
Day 3

.60 In
$1.20 Total

#10 ·
Glad you joined us Vanilla - it is fun!!

Day four today so my addition is $4 to the envelope = $10 total.

Reactions: Vanilla
#13 ·
All this great energy will carry us far!

#14 ·
Okay, I'm joining in on day 3. I put $6 in the pot. This catches me up with the rest of you gals. I got the A-OK from my hubby to start putting money aside to make some changes in my kitchen. I REALLY need this change. It'll be 11 years since our last make-over....UGH! :confused: I'm sure you can sympathize.....LOL!

But if there is an incentive for me, it's the 1990 wallpaper that will keep me going strong! :fpunch:

Thanks for starting this MM! Just what I needed.

Theresa :)

#33 ·
Okay, I'm joining in on day 3. I put $6 in the pot. This catches me up with the rest of you gals. I got the A-OK from my hubby to start putting money aside to make some changes in my kitchen. I REALLY need this change. It'll be 11 years since our last make-over....UGH! :confused: I'm sure you can sympathize.....LOL!
Ours hasn't been changed since the 1970's, so I can more than sympathize with you. I just keep trying to tell myself it's cool to be vintage. :lol:

#16 ·
Day 4

.80 In
2.00 Total

#17 ·
I am now up to $10 too! WOO-HOO! That wasn't very hard....at least not yet. I just have to make sure I make my weekly budget work with this. I know I can do the $1 deposits this week, because I have $75 in Winn Dixie GCs, so free food this week! :) Next month I might sight my aim a little lower. :scratch: We''ll see. None-the-less, it's money saved....and a fun way of doing it too!

Theresa.....who's getting richer by the day! :)

#21 ·
Day 5 (yesterday)
1.00 In
$3.00 Total

Day 6 (today)
$1.20 In
$4.20 Total

#23 ·
Day 7

$1.40 In
$5.60 Total

#25 ·
Day 8

$1.60 In
$7.20 Total

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.