Frugal Village Forums banner

I have a wonderful husband

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  NikoSan999 
#1 ·
Just like what the title says, it is soo true!! :)

Last week our vacuum died :( so there we are shopping for vacuums. He has always wanted a Riccar vacuum, me I thought "I know so many people that don't have an expensive vacuum with clean homes"...but he would just perk up talking about this Riccar vacuum & he does do a lot of vacuum for me...he vacuums & I mop behind :) So after a week of me thinking about it, I was supportive & we purchased a Riccar and I have to say, with our three furry children, it is a blessing, our home feels much fresher, less dusty & all that good stuff.

So needless to say, I wanted to do a spontaneous "no spend grocery two week challenge" to help ease my anxiety (By the way, I am feeling much better as of this morning)

This morning, I mentioned to my husband...

Me: "Hey love, I am going to see what kind of meals we can make next week from our pantry & freezer, that way we make room & save money"

Husband: "Sounds great love"

Made me smile, he is so supportive in our financial goals & he is not a picky eater, anything I make he always says "this is great babe"

Here is our menu of things I gathered:

1. Hamburger soup & sourdough bread (already made in freezer)
2. Chicken Taco Soup with tortilla chips
3. Baked Beans over cornbread
4. Cheese & onion omelets
5. Hearty Lentil & Barley Soup
6. Tuna Melt
7. Fried Egg Sandwich (my fav)
8. Harvest Sweet chili with cornbread Dumplings (already made in freezer)
9. Frozen Pizza & chili cheese dip (For weekend or Monday Night Football)
10. Meatless Mostacolli with parmesan cheese

I will buy some butternut squash, grapes & bread next week, but that should be it.

Thanks for reading!!

See less See more
Reactions: mamamia
#4 ·
That i s so neat. I read the post because of the title. Enjoy your vacuum. God only knows I am jealous I have 4 furbabies and lots of hair. Your menu sound wonderful and please share your recipe for sourdough bread. I have always wanted to make homemade bread but don't have the knack. But grandma does hugs

#5 ·
Thanks for sharing, what a heartwarming story. Hope you both enjoy the vacuum. Your meals sound yummy!

Reactions: SarahElmore
#7 ·
I am so glad I clicked on your post! What a cute little story that's filled with big inspiration. :thumb: Ya know, I'm learning more and more that it shouldn't ALWAYS be about sacrifice. I feel so much better saying yes at least sometimes. What a drag to be saying no to everything! Think how happy you made your hubby by saying okay to the Riccar! And see....you had a "back-up" plan w/o even realizing it could be done w/o breaking your bank! Who knew? :shrug2: But I love it, and it's no wonder to me that your hubby is a happy man. He's got a wife who knows the difference between being steadfast frugal, and one who is able to put the breaks on once in awhile for the sake of that happiness that this time came via a Riccar vac. :lol3: And you know what? I am POSITIVE that you will never look back and regret it for a minute!

So, enjoy your vac, but even more so, enjoy that happy hubby of your's! :kcrown:

Thanks for your post! :rockon:

Theresa :)

OOPS! forgot to mention that your menu is awesome! enjoy your bounty too!

#10 ·
this is awesome! It is so much better with a supportive spouse!!
Do you mind sharing that chicken taco soup recipe??

Reactions: SarahElmore
#11 ·
Yes, I would love to share the recipes. I have a couple recipes I use, similar but have an ingredient or two different. That way I make the soup that I have all the ingredients for :) I'll message them to you :)

#12 ·
That's so sweet. It's the little things like that which can just make your day.

#14 ·
Aw, that's so nice. Never heard of the vac but congratulations on the acquisition. Give and take.
I agree, the meal menu sounds great and it will help absorb some cost.
You have a keeper....hubby, not necessarily the vac! :va:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.