Frugal Village Forums banner

Starting my 2012 Challenges Early

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cmu 
#1 ·
So I have been away from the village for a while (hang my head in shame) and I know I need to tighten my belt and be extra frugal in 2012 so I have decided to start my new years challenges now.

Challenges I am starting right now are:
Change Jar
Quarters To Debt
Penny Jar
Electric Bill
Grociery Bill
No Spend Days (I know I have to spend some tomorrow so this one may have to wait till Thursday to begin)
COUPONS (I have gotten extra good at thee this year, now I need to track it)
Line Dry Laundry

and I'm off to gather all the change in the house lol!

#2 ·
I need to mark the ones I've joined in favorites cause I forget I joined them. Was bad about that after the beginning of the year

#5 ·
Me too! I wrote them down but only recently came across the list.

#3 ·
Good for you for starting now- will make it easier to make the habits stick!!

#4 ·
So far in the past week I have managed to put a total of $9.88 in my various change jars (pennies, quarters and misc change). Not bad for only 1 week!

#6 ·
in an attempt to reduce my electric bill this year I have spent some time getting the wattages off my different appliances and devices and figuring up how much it costs to run them... not suprising I found that I can run my roaster oven much cheaper than my oven... the oven costs about $3 to run for 1.25 hours and the roaster only about $0.18 so...now I am off to find a bunch of recipes for the roaster. Today I have pulled a whole chicken out of the freezer and we will have roasted chicken for dinner tonight :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.