Frugal Village Forums banner

MY 2015 Debt Challenge changed to 2014

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  debmar_OR 
#1 ·
I have been following DR to get out of debt and am so thankful to have started this program when I did. I was projected t0 be out of Debt around April 2015. However I have learned so much and have become so frugal I truly bbeleive I can do this by April 2014. We will be out of debt except the house. I have done all the calculations and think I can really do it. So I'm going to post here in a few my exact totals once I find my household binder.

#2 ·
Great to hear! You may hit bumps along the way, but stay focused and you can make it. The forum helps a lot.

#3 ·
Thanks I am trying very hard to keep sinking funds in place so that the bumps do not hit so hard. This has been my problem the last 2 years. I would never be strict about other sinking funds and then I would use up the er fund and be starting all over again. Now I am not going to let that happen anymore.

#8 ·
The only thing better than working towards the goal of becoming debt free is realizing it will happen faster than you originally planned! Keep up your good work!

#10 ·
Just realized I never updated any pay off totals. So far we have paid off $40,000 in debt since we have started. I would really like to have this last $20,000 done in a year instead of a year and a half. I have a large consignment sale comming up and the chunk of $$ I hope to get from that will be a nice start to hacking away this last $20,000. I will say that I have been so much better about sinking funds lately. I need to pull my free credit reports and update them this weekend also. Once I get a little better score I hope to refinance our home mortgage to a lower rate. I hope to do this very soon.

#11 ·
Looking at this last post it feels like I have not been gazelle intense. We are starting something new with our family meetings this Sunday so I plan on having a better plan in place to roll out. I did make a Few changes that will allow me to have some more income next year. This will help out tremendously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.