Frugal Village Forums banner

How much for your bills

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  jeccyka 
#1 ·
I'm curious how much bills are in your life - ie how much do you pay for gas, electricity, water etc? :hubba:

#2 ·
Im in New Jersey no water bill as we have well water Gas for the year heat and hot water stove is around 1200.00 electric is big can be as high as 400.00 a month in summer with a/c and pool filter running in winter it averages 150.00 a month

#4 ·
I live in Denmark, and my electric is about $800-$1,000/quarter. I pay about $100/month into the house heat fund year round, there are 2 flats in my house.

Electric costs here are out of control, I don't have electric heat or A/C and I use my oven sparingly, but it's still at least $200/month.

Worse though is the mandatory "media license." I didn't watch TV in the US and I don't watch it here, last time I had cable was in 1998, but now I have to pay $40 or so a month for TV whether I want it or not. They don't make it easy to save here. Such is the fun of living in a welfare state...

But at least I own my home and car free and clear so I'm not subject to the outlandish rents or crazy public transit prices.

#5 · (Edited)
we have no gas we are all electric so electric bill averages $200 a month, water runs about $30 a month, trash $30 a month, home phone with inlimited long distance and dsl $90 a month insurance on 2 pick ups and 1 mini van $65 a month, netflix and hulu plus $16 per month

#6 ·
Mortgage (escrowed with insurance and taxes) $523.12/month
Internet $53.14/month
Trash $33.60/quarterly
Water usually around $100/month
Elec $200 and up in summer and below $100 in winter
Auto Ins on old beater car $92/month
Magic Jack home phone line $30/yr

#8 ·
We have well water and we use propane for heat and stove. We use bottles and fill them as needed. Our electric is 250-300 in the summer 120-150 in the winter. DH parents own the land we are on and we own the mobile home so no payments there for now. Loan payment $115 that will be payed off by September. Home phone and internet is $80 per month, cell phones are $180 per month. That's for 3 lines. Hubby, myself and my parents. Would get rid of them but want the security when we are out and since I have no voicemail or answering machine on the home phone it is the only place to guarantee we can be reached. Trash is $15/ month.

#9 ·
No gas. Electric $50 a month during the summer and $100 during the winter. Water and Trash are combined $35 a month. Internet $30 a month. Cell $45 a month.

#10 ·
we have water, gas, and trash in one plus pickup recycables my bill was 126 this month.
the electric was 316 theese switch in the winter
cable,internet, and phone 110
car insurance 210 a month which is high but we have 3 cars and 1 underage driver....

I could do better these are on the side I do keep the air on 75 and the heat in the winter on 70..all lights out and unplug a lot..our electric is high here because of previous ice storms that done lots and lots of damage..The customer always pays....

#12 ·
I live in Florida in a very well insulated 1400 sq ft home. Home is all electric, no gas. I drive 28 miles to work, 3-4 days per week.

Mortgage $582 (PITI) (will increase to approx $675 in 1.5 years when I hit the end of the HOA fees that the seller prepaid when I bought)
Electric $75 during the hottest months.
Water/Sewer/Trash $0, it is included in my HOA fees
Cable/Internet/Phone $120
Auto Fuel $180
2 Cell Phones $80
Auto Insurance $65 (I pay in full, but this would be the monthly average)

#13 ·
Thanks all, i have a lots of bills waiting to be paid. I was wondering and curiously why did I need to pay for the expenses,and always pay too much beyond my imagination.By the way, i have no kids,live alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.