Frugal Village Forums banner

November Renew Your Vows Challenge

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  oheoh's momma 
#1 ·
For those of us who have been slacking off a bit (and I include myself in that group), starting today, this is a challenge to spend just one month being "hyper-aware" of our habits, good and bad, and to try to make the former outweigh latter.

If you think you can be better about saving, spending wisely, stockpiling, using up what you have more efficiently, not wasting, this is the challenge for you.

Can you unleash your frugal diva for one month? If so, step up and throw your name into the ring. Starting today, you'll be asked to document, on this thread, how you have put your money where your mouth is (or, actually, how you have put your money to much better use <g>).

Bonus points for anyone who comes up with a tangible goal (i.e, cut my grocery budget in half this week; make it through the month without spending any extra money; making all meals at home). :)

Madhen I'm kicking this off this month - I need it :D

#2 ·
OK here are my goals for the month:

Bake all bread & flour products for the month: Yeast Bread, Soda Bread, Pizza Bases, Buns, Scones, Bread Rolls.
Combine trips out in the car
Menu plan - I'm fairly good at this but need to get really on top and plan b/fst and snacks build in seaweed.
Garden - Still have garlic to get in & start winter greens for cold frame.
Budget - Track!!! I did well last month but €20 still went poof?? can't figure out what we spent it on so I'll try to get all down this month.
Bake - Get lots of goodies away in the freezer

#3 ·
Okay I'm in as well...so my goals this month are to only have 10 spend days out of 30...and to eat 98% off our meals at home...no putting anything on the credit card(it is paid off, but I don't need a thing). Go through Sophies closet to see what needs to be donated. Clear out some closets and get my business books into the Accountant by December 1st...so there are things to keep me busy and NOT shopping. Thanks for starting this up!

#4 ·
Ok I've come in a little under budget so far for the kids presents :) This evening will be menu planning for the next week and updating budget!
DH is taking a reading of the esb meter & I'll get him to take a reading of our water meter too :)

#5 ·
I am in and I have already spent 475 dollars on groceries But this is a little higher than normal.. My goal is to spend less than 100 bucks for the rest of the month....
reduce my electric use so I will no a 250 plus electric bill for Dec
reduce my gas and use the wood burner more...
2 make at least 150 dollars extra this month
spend the last weeks cash on Christmas.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.