Frugal Village Forums banner

2013 No spend challange

73K views 2K replies 59 participants last post by  NikoSan999 
#1 ·
I wiil get us started on a 2013 no spend challange.I am aming for 20 days a month.

Reactions: NikoSan999
#2 ·
My January goal is 12 No Spend days.

:cheergrl: Go, us, go! :cheergrl:

#3 ·
I am in - I wish I could say 30 days of no-spends (hey, it gives a person something to work towards -right???) - I will have as many as I can - that's all I can hope for.

Good luck with this challenge in 2013 everyone!

#5 ·
I am aiming for 15-20 days.

#6 ·
I would like to hit 20 to 25 days of no spending. This is a hard one for me because DH works at a grocery store and its easy for him to pick up items that I think we "need" or splurge junk food.......But onward and upward....

#8 ·
This is the problem that I am faced with. I too work in the grocery. It's not the junk food that I am grabbing - it's the marked down items (meats, produce, dented cans, etc). These are things that you simply cannot plan for - they are when they are. And you take them when they get there - no coming back for them, coz they will be gone.

Also, DH eats lots of fresh banana's. Unfortunately that means buying them every couple of days. Last year when I started this challenge, I got a Villager Pardon on the banana purchases. They are not something that I can stock up on. So a lot of days the only purchase I have are a couple of banana's.

#7 ·
"Hi, My name is Frugal Nurse and I'm addicted to spending."

This will be a challenge for me. For sure.
I'm aiming for 20 no spend days. But I am not going to count grocery shopping and 'needed' HBA. I say needed - because I could potentially justify a makeup purchase in the Health and "Beauty" aids section. So... only 'needed' HBA purchases.

What I want to get away from is going to the pharmacy and buying uhhmm.. candy. twizzler bites, or something. Or heading to SB and getting a soy chai for $5. Buying an expensive lunch at work.

With my own rules, I could get to 25 no spend days but I don't want to fail at this. So, 20 no spend days it is for me. WOOHOO!

Cheers! and good luck to everyone!!!

#17 ·
Today will be a spend day as I need to spend $60 budgeted for a ski lesson to get my confidence back. so I can make use and not waste that season pass I purchsed.

I saved $20 off the ski lesson because I"m a season pass holder. whoopdidoo. The lesson included a lift ticket.. I should at least get that amount discounted. sheesh! oh well..

I'm going to ask if I can return the champagne today.

Happy Trails!

#19 ·
Frugal Nurse - Way to go on checking on whether you can return the unopened champagne. I'll be VERY surprised if they say 'no' as you JUST purchased it.

Today will be a no spend day. Since it's New Year's Day I don't think anything is open. Yay!

#33 ·
Frugal Nurse - Way to go on checking on whether you can return the unopened champagne. I'll be VERY surprised if they say 'no' as you JUST purchased it.

They said NO! can you believe it! NO!
I don't like to be told no lol

Mimosas it is :D

#20 ·
I'm in again this year. I've done 10 days the last couple years as 15 or more just didn't work for me. Myself, I don't count gas as I hardly ever fill the tank and it's a necessity to get to work.
I normally make goal every month on this one so I think I'll raise it to 12 this year.

Reactions: piney
#21 ·
Yesterday was not officially 2013 - but I had a no-spend day and I want to share it!!!

Good luck in 2013 everyone with your challenges ~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.