Frugal Village Forums banner

My Two Week $15/day challenge

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sabrelvssammy 
#1 ·
We're short money for this pay period. Groceries are our big cost with a family of seven on special diets. I'm challenging myself to spend no more than $15/day on food until my husband gets paid again. I think my hubby will spend about $60 on groceries for this pay period as well. This may sound like a lot to some of you with very tight budgets, but I do a lot to get our budget down (garden, can, freeze, use cold storage, have a pantry, etc.).his is a big thing for me as I find it very easy to overspend especially when I see a "good deal".

Jan 16 14.98 (Save Easy, groceries)
Jan. 17 15.00 (Olde MacKenzie Fame, home delivered free range eggs)

#2 ·
Good for you - attacking the challenge head on. Will be following - cheering you on!

#3 ·
Wow.. sorry you're in this predicament. $15/day to feed a family of 7 is not much at all. There are some great threads running rampant that help with low cost meals if youpoke around a bit.

Like mauimagic said.. we'll be cheering you on! go girl!

Reactions: oheoh's momma
#4 ·
Also interesting in hearing how you do... Good luck with your challenge.
In addition to how much you are spending each day - can you share with us what you are actually eating????

Reactions: oheoh's momma
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.