A 10-Week Plan to Cut $1,000 a Month from Your Budget: Ready for the Challenge? - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~You gals actually stick your pets with needles? I don't think I could ever work myself up to that. Needles make me very very squeamish.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If I lived alone I could definitely cut way back. The kids, boyfriend, and pets cost me a lot of money. My boyfriend is wasteful and not at all good with money. It would be a battle to get people to use less electricity and water. :/

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I should add that I have one dog and one cat that have special needs when it comes to vet care. They get very nasty and difficult to handle. I cannot even cut my shepherd mix's nails. She is too violent. They were afraid she would give herself a heart attack at the clinic I brought her to. The 14lb cat is too vicious to do much with. He will have to be sedated to have his nails done or I can attempt to do one at a time for a week. He attacked 2 vets.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It would be Cat. I live alone and it is easier to spend a little less. But I still have a mortgage, condo fee, property taxes, auto loan, electricity, internet bill, water and sewer, gas, food, insurance for home and car. I got rid of the cable years ago and my cat died. But right now, Money seems to get even tighter as everything seems to go up in price except my paycheck. Also, there are the little "Extra Bills" that will surprise you now and then.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nusiance-thought I never could when I was younger but my cousin used to. I am now diabetic so it's easier. The needles come preloaded sometimes if you order from petmeds and Dr Fosters.

Bought a cell at Walmart for $59.97 w/ the $5. replacement fee. Service will be $60. for the smart phone because I wanted to compare prices at S.A. and garage sales this summer. It is still cheaper than the $87.70 I wasa paying and def. cheaper than the $139. a month when we supported phones for mom.dad,me,2 kids.

I have just been told Dh's status as a home worker will be changed to a teleworker (even though he is at the office 1 week a yr.! stoopid)
    so we will pay city taxes. They will supposedly deducted off for the time he's not there. Corporate crap-hope they save.lol I think we are talking about $10 per 2 week pay period. Cant win. Just shift.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I'm going to really have to give this week some thought. On the outset it seems unlikely that there are any savings to be had here. Hubby has the job. He drives a paid for car. There is no-one to carpool with around here that has his hours. He's in factory work so the clothes are just regular day clothes. The company pays for work shoes every year. I'm home with the kids so no childcare expenses due to work. There are no parking fees and he takes a simple packed lunch everyday. He isn't required to have any subscriptions or memberships or take part in any activities for his job. So I guess we've got this category about as cheap as we're going to. I'll still do some research on the topic though for fun.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

nothing to cut here either. Well, I guess dh could do without a lot of his gear but it's all a write-off come tax time. He drives his patrol car, comes home for dinner, uniforms provided.
    Terry

Sep grocery 46.74/217.00
    Sep coupon 5.65
    YTD grocery 2383.51
    YTD coupon 465.64

New Recipe 7/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 9-4

1. clean/organize linen closet 2. organize/purge medicine cabinet 3. make at least one new recipe a month 0/12 4. learn to make 3 items from scratch 5. tame kitchen freezer 6. read To Kill A Mockingbird 7. watch Gone With The Wind 8. limit on-line game time to 30mins a day 9. write a letter monthly to MIL 10. make AND mail Christmas cards 11. repurpose 3 old items into something new 12. participate in monthly photo hunt 13. make 1 rag quilt 14. use exercise bike 4x wk 15. lose 3lbs a month 16. make work plan for camper 17. learn to back-up camper 18. participate in 1 SOTF get-together 19. complete dental work needed 20. say I Love You to loved ones daily

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh works at home and i calculated last yr. it saves $19,000. (gas,car wearout,lunches,work clothes,illness,gifts for fools,late night restaurant tabs,Christmas white elephant gifts,dress clothes and shoes,dry cleaning,coffee cups/coffee,More haircuts). Dh is never late and has no car accidents going down the stairs! love it.

We are past daycare and cant get anything for caring for Dmom.

Just went to a charity and picked up throw blankets for DD to make doll clothes to sell for cash. I'm thinking bathrobes for $1.50 cost and $12.00 sales. This stuff sells well.

Went to Aldis and caught a ham at $4. off. $38 for groc. and thats about 1/2 price. So I have dreams of sandwiches,pea soup,fried ham and eggs. And freeze the rest for later.lol

My new phone sucks and I am frustrated ,it may get returned.

Cleaned the bsmt and found a basket of forgotten clothes and a bathrobe. So sad to save that way.
    Shopped in the house and found
    -new folder for cookbook lists
    -razors
    -folic acid
    -a new folders for budgets

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I cut out buying all clothes for 2014. I go on campus a couple times a week and have plenty to wear. The one work-related major expense I have is my home office and all the equipment. I have to keep software and hardware updated and have to have high speed internet along with two phone lines. I did decide not to buy a new iMac or PC this year and stretch the lives on the ones I have for as long as possible. I also stopped making colored posters to promote classes in my Department. The college suffered tremendous budget cuts and I never got reimbursed for the ink and paper I used for the posters so I'm not doing that anymore. I also have lots of continuing professional education to maintain CPA, certified internal auditor, and certified management accountant certificates. The college is paying $800 toward this for the first time ever so I'm doing all my CPE classes while they are willing to reimburse even though I have two years to complete them. Gas in minimal since both campuses are close and I've scheduled all my meetings for the one nearest my home.
    Kim
    Mtg. Balance on January 1, 2014: $61,654.76
    MORTGAGE PAID OFF ON THURSDAY, JUNE 12, 2014!!!!!!
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Work expense for Hubby is clothing. He walks to work and eats from home.

Work expense for me is clothing and gas for car (about 1/2 mile from my house ) I just have to have it becuase I go pick up the children afterward. I take my lunch.

Childcare none ( middle school high school) plus my hours are around drop off and pick up times ( sometimes later or on Saturday but then Hubby is home)

-----

We try to keep clothing expenses down. Hubby buys office clothing on sale and he recieved some for Christmas. I get office clothing at thrift, sale, or as presents. We do not have large wardrobes
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 20 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

work expense for me is travel and it eats up a huge portion of my income. I'm not ready to trade cars yet and can't control the price of gas but I can and do control what I eat on the road and where I stay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was looking at stay at home ( Can you affford to Quit) calculators on line.

They had some intersting work related expenses some might for gets

Like this one Stay At Home Calculator: Can You Afford to Quit Work?

Had stress relief, poor decisions ( not sure what that would be work realted), grooming ( guess an more professinal hair do oe make up, or nails)

I saw another that listed after dinner drinks (not sure if that is for stress relief or networking probaly networking) and takeaway ( drive thu dinners or lunches I guess)

Stay At Home Calculator: Can You Afford to Quit Work?
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 20 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

imagine-If you go to the groc. after work and have no list that leads to poor decisions. I always went on my day w/ coupons in hand but I had the good frotune to work part time.

Staying home I have caught many deals,garage sales,discounts and other things you cant when you work.

I dont care for his tone. Calling people pinballs,that no one is running the family,that its not like a business or have a plan. Really??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Just bought our new dishwasher! Instead of the $300 model($430 MSRP), we got a screaming deal on a $550 MSRP model that had more features and wants. Paid just $359 after sale, coupons and rebates. The better model has a little more room inside as well as more positions to put the silverware basket, AND top rack only wash cycle. I hope I'm going to love that feature as much as I think I will. It's also a top button model with a front towel bar which I think looks so much nicer.
    Really looking forward to seeing our water and gas bill plummet next month and onward. ~

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast