Frugal Village Forums banner

Penny challenge... Anyone want to join me?

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  jettsmom 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This sounds interesting, I'm going to do a very small version of this to save cents for Christmas if I take the idea of the table for 100 days it should give me (if my figures are correct) over €50.:vs_box:without ever having to find more than €1 at a time. Wish me luck :D

#8 ·
I had never seen this challenge using cents. I tried the other 52 week challenge but at a certain point it was too rich for my pocketbook. I think I will give this one a try. I will start aug 1st. Every little bit helps.

Printed out the chart and going to find a jar now to get started.

#9 ·
I printed out the chart. When I use cash, I save the change and throw it into a bowl. After it's built up a bit, I count it out and add it to my challenge jar. I know I'm behind, but so far, I have just over $110 saved. When I realized it was going to be hard, I started over with what I had saved and marked off some of the larger amounts first. It made me feel like I was getting somewhere. I had found a jar in the closet and cashed that in to jump start it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.