Frugal Village Forums banner

Grocery Challenge - June

4K views 58 replies 16 participants last post by  aylasmommy 
#1 ·
Okay, this is it...$130, bottom line, no more, maybe less, but I CANNOT go over this month. I did great with $140...I don't know why $10 less is giving me such trouble! Yet, I'm gonna do it!

#4 ·
I am going for $250.00 since the kids are home all day now and I have depleted my stockpile over the last 2 months so I need to work on that.

#5 ·
I dont have a set amount, but it cant go over 100.00 anyway. That includes all household expenses other than mortgage, utilities and gas for the car.

Needless to say that other than milk, bread and a small amount of meat, I will be concentrating on the loss leaders and coupons.

#7 ·
I am going to keep my budget at $250. I went over this month, although I was praying I wouldn't. So, I'll give it another try.

#8 ·
I am gonna set mine at $250 this month.... Don't really NEED anything, but I just got a "Stock Room" and I need to do some stockpilling

#9 ·
I'm going to bump my budget to $250 for the month. DH and I had a talk about how the teenagers have become bottomless pits and beed to be fed more often. LOL! I'm hoping that the extra $50 in the budget will cover it.
The garden should be producing salad greens by the end of the month, so that will cut an expense right there. We may even have the first of the cherries coming in by the end of June and the strawberries as well. I need to find a good deal on
sugar to make jam and whole wheat flour to make bread. I still have 2 huge bags of yeast from Costco that should get me through the summer.:D

#10 ·
Okay, so it's June 1 and I am more than halfway to my goal...this does not bode well for me. However, I will absolutely not need to buy chicken again for the entire month, and probably will not need to buy a roast again either, so all in all, it's fine. I got some great deals today.

Gerber veggie crackers (.69 final cost)
4 Yes Detergent 128 oz (1.74 final cost each)
1 gallon 2% milk (1.99 final cost)
4 Resolve Spot Magic 14 oz (.84 each final cost)
8 bags Goldfish crackers (Yes, 8... .95 each final cost)
4 packs Stella D'Oro Swiss Fudge cookies (for school... .99 each final cost)
3 boxes Curad Bandages (.19 final cost each)
1 Daily Defense shampoo (free!)
4 pounds linguine (.25 each final cost)
4 frozen Swanson American classics dinners (.49 each final cost)
1 Wylers Lite Iced Tea ($1.99 final cost...no sale, no coupon)
6 Kellogg's Rice Krispies 13.5 oz (1.16 each final cost)
2 Beef Round Bottom Roasts (3.28 each...on sale...final cost)
9 Perdue Fit and Easy chicken breasts (approx $3.03 per package...on sale...final cost)
1 bunch bananas ($1.29...no sale, no coupon)
2.61 lbs Granny Smith Apples ($3.89...no sale, no coupon)

Total Before Sales and Coupons: $128.56
Total After: $74.43

Goal for June: $130.00
Current Total: $74.43

#14 ·
Well... I am off to a good start.....

Picked up a few things today... Iwouldn't normally include the HBA stuff but since it is free after rebate I guess I will...

This is what I got

2 Tropicana Twisters 59oz
2 Gallons Milk
1 Twin Pack Torengos
1 5pk Schick Razors
1 7oz Gillette Satin Care
1 3oz Speed Stick 24/7

Total before Coupons and sales $27.84
Total after Coupons, Sales, and Rebates $14.82

Total Savings of 46.77%

#16 ·
i did really good to day, it pays not to feel well(virus)
i got
1 box klnx tissue .49
6 cans tomato sauce(large)
2 grham sticks
1 swanson dinner
1 lg container oatmeal
6 pks(4 in each) batteries(.69 ea)panasonic
-------------------------------------------
total after coupons ===$10.38
before coupons ===$33.74

and i didnt get anything extra but forgot to get apple sause

#18 ·
I think I'll set my limit at 220$, it's a bit lower than last months actual spending, and I'm also figuring in that I'm going to be buying things like sunscreen and other products that I don't normally buy.

So far we have spent 27.42 on:

3) 24 packs of coca cola
1) 24 slice pack of Kraft cheese singles
2) 29oz. Cans of Peaches
2) 29oz. Cans of Pears
2.77 lbs Banana's
.74 lbs Yellow Squash
2 large Carrots
1) Red Onion
.7 lbs fresh Strawberrys'

so, 192.58 left

#19 ·
I posted my trip yesterday in the Towm Crier. I'm still doing the happy dance. My goal was to get as much free stuff as I could. I'm hoping to trim my stockpile at my yard sale on the 14th.

Goal $150
total so far $43.73

#21 ·
I started off pretty good today only spent $51 and that included the $5 tip for the bagger. ( military commissary baggers work for tips ONLY) Got the essentials I needed (bread, milk, eggs,diapers, etc) and a treat- ice cream! :) Not a bad way to start out.

#22 ·
Went to the store today to get a few items. This makes the first trip I have made this month, only 3 days in, though. My total so far is $6.14.

Goal: $250
Spent so far: $6.14
Left: $243.86

#23 ·
I spent 25.06 tonight
Got:
2) 24 packs of coca cola
1) 8oz cup Vanilla Yogurt
2) Pace Enchilada Sauce (free)
4) Bush's Refried canned beans (free)
36 large Eggs
1.6 lbs Gala Apples
1.72 lbs Organic Navel Oranges
1) 12 pack Charmin Ultra
2) Pampers Wipes 72 ct. each
2) Dole Peaches 7oz. each (Free)
1) Van De Kamp Butter top WHite bread
1.21 lbs Red Seedless Grapes
.18 lbs Bean Sprouts
2) Ortega Taco Sauce (free)
1) 10 pack Mission Soft Taco tortilla's

Spent about 25$ there, bringing my total spent so far to 52.48
Out of my goal of 220.
At least we are stocked on cokes for a while, that is my main thing I have to have at all times.

#24 ·
I went shopping yesterday, and spent about $120 of my $250. But included in that was 2 very large cans of baby formula ($60) that weren't figured into my food budget. Best deal of the day - 40 lbs. of chicken leg quarters for $.29/lb.!!

Big bummer...I just called around to the area grocery stores that I would drive to, and NONE of them double coupons. I'm feeling a little discouraged!:(

#25 ·
My first of many shopping trips

Hi Ladies,
I had to do some shopping for an end for the year BBQ we are having for our homeschool group this Friday. I spent $14 for the supplies for that and a few things for us at home.

Spent: $14
Left: $236

#26 ·
:) Ok, I hit the store again today. There was a big cereal sale and I couldn't resist. If I had more money (payday is tomorrow and it's a 1 day only sale) I'd have bought a couple of cases of cereal.

I bought 9 boxes of assorted cereals, 1 Box of Maypo oatmeal, 1 bottled water and 2 huge ripe cataloupes for $16. Not bad!

Spent:$30
Left to spend: $220

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.