Frugal Village Forums banner

June Grocery Challenge....

7K views 123 replies 57 participants last post by  Little Birdie 
#1 ·
I am aiming for $250 this month....I have my $50 in cash ready to hit the grocery store today. I am leaving my debit card at home!

#2 ·
Count me in for $75 or less this month again, last month I only spent $60 so I am good! :)

#5 ·
This is a first time on this for me (new member) and my inlaws (whom I bought the house from) are still living here (for another couple of weeks) and they buy some groceries. I will say $300 for this month.

Now, a question, do we just keep the receipts and total them up??

:va:

#7 ·
Count me in for 250.00 again, I went over so badly last month, that I think I can come way under my usual 250.00 goal....I don;t know what happened - well, I know what happened - I spent more moeny DUH :)

#8 ·
I'm shooting for $225.00 this month. I have three pay days this month so it works out to about $75.00 a pay period for three adults and two cats.

#9 ·
I'll join for the 1st time! I'm in for $200 or less this month (that's for a family of 3 plus all household and pet products). I'm pretty good for now so don't even plan on doing any shopping until 6/13 and 6/27!

#10 ·
I'm going to shoot for under $200 and that will include diapers. I will be starting potty training so hopefully that will be done soon. For 7 years I've been buying diapers. That is an expense I'll be thankful to get rid off!!!!

#11 ·
I'm trying out 300.00 but I am sure I won't buy that much. I went to Walmart and used competitors ads and my total was 77.18 (saved over 48.62) then went to Brookshires (my local supermarket) and bought 58.52 (saved over 28.00). I stock piled cereal. They had General Mills cereals for .99cent. Maximum purchase was 5 (each transaction). So, I went in there 3 times; bought 5 boxes and had 2.00 off of 5 boxes making it a total of $3.00.

#12 ·
:cowwave: I am trying for $200 - have no idea if I can do it, but I'll try. With just the 2 of us and a dog I think this is reasonable. Plus I have a hugh garden that I can look to.

#14 ·
I am insanely excited about this!

I've gone from not tracking it, to ~$105/week, to ~$90/week...

So now I'm going to try a limit of $85/week. There are 5 Saturdays (shopping day) in June, so I'm giving myself a limit of $425 for the month.

I will be out of town the last Saturday of the month. I'll give Husband the list and cross my fingers.

DonnainME, you can save your reciepts, jot the amounts down on a scratch pad, or post here each time you shop; whatever works for you.

I track everything in an Excel spreadsheet. I set it up to look like a check register, but I also record cash purchases. That way I have everything in one place.

#15 ·
I am going alittle higher this month. We usually can get by on 350 or less. BUT I am running low on EVERYTHING and want to build my stockpile back up and with school getting out this month alot more meals at the house. I will say $450. For a family of 5(2 adults, 3 kids).

#18 ·
I'm joining in at $275 for 2 adults, 2 dogs & 1 cat. My stockpiles are low so I will be spending a little more this month. This is an area I struggle with & hope joining the challenge with help me stay on top of my spending.

#19 ·
June Groceries

I'm in too. I haven't done this before so I am going to say $150 for all food, the cat and household supplies. This will also include any eating out (which I will try to avoid).

Christine

#20 ·
I soooooooooo badly need to be in this!! I completely BLEW it last month!! It was so off I stopped even keeping track after about the 15th. :ugh:

I had let the pantry, cupboards, and freezer ALL dwindle down SO far... I just went ahead and stocked things up again. Got good deals, though...

I think I'll go for $225 this month. Will somebody pester me? Keep me accountable? :loop:

#22 ·
I'm in for $450, that includes hba, paper products, diapers, the whole nine yards. Of course my pantry is so bare this will be a real challenge.

#23 ·
It's set at $200 per month in my budgeting software and I always go over:( I'm going to shoot for $250 and we should be able to do that as we're cleaning out the pantry and freezers. Plus with moving, I don't want to buy anymore stuff to have to move, lol.

#25 ·
I am going for $220...I shop every two weeks, so that's $110 each time. This is for DH, myself, and 2 furbabies...this includes all household/hba products as well. Wish me luck!

#26 ·
I'm in this month for $300.00

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.