vent MIL Help me
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default vent MIL Help me

My Mil has decided that her bi polar, ex drug addict, alcoholic , thief son can move in. Then after that she will want her lazy daughter to come next with her 3 kids she does a sorry job taking care of. My brother is moving in he is mentally and phsically handicapped I promised my dead mother that I would always take care of him and I have done my best. It is a 4 bedroom home my brother is taking the storage room because he always wants my daughter to come home if her relationship does not work. His thoughts< his Iq is like 85. He needs help he was robbed by knife point a while back, he was scared.
    Her family had a flop house in OK. 2 old ladies $3000 income both alcoholics, a border in the den also alcoholic, her son the one mentioned above his girlfriend and 2 or 3 of her kids. Her lazy daughter was kicked out of public housing for being nasty with her lazy would be white rapper boyfriend and 3 kids.5 year old boy ADHD, 3 year old girl, and 18 month old little boy in a 3 bedroom house.
    I yelled at the daughter a while back she was out of money and did not bath her kids for 3 days because she was out of clean clothes. I told her to handwash some hang on balcony, she lives in Phoenix they would dry in minutes. Was not popular. I am not running a flop house for lazy sorry people. She wants to send me the kids to raise I will keep them but not her or her brother.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry all this is going on in your life!!

Is it time to take back your life? Is this what you think you
    deserve?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    My Mil has decided that her bi polar, ex drug addict, alcoholic , thief son can move in. Then after that she will want her lazy daughter to come next with her 3 kids she does a sorry job taking care of. My brother is moving in he is mentally and phsically handicapped I promised my dead mother that I would always take care of him and I have done my best. It is a 4 bedroom home my brother is taking the storage room because he always wants my daughter to come home if her relationship does not work. His thoughts< his Iq is like 85. He needs help he was robbed by knife point a while back, he was scared.
    Her family had a flop house in OK. 2 old ladies $3000 income both alcoholics, a border in the den also alcoholic, her son the one mentioned above his girlfriend and 2 or 3 of her kids. Her lazy daughter was kicked out of public housing for being nasty with her lazy would be white rapper boyfriend and 3 kids.5 year old boy ADHD, 3 year old girl, and 18 month old little boy in a 3 bedroom house.
    I yelled at the daughter a while back she was out of money and did not bath her kids for 3 days because she was out of clean clothes. I told her to handwash some hang on balcony, she lives in Phoenix they would dry in minutes. Was not popular. I am not running a flop house for lazy sorry people. She wants to send me the kids to raise I will keep them but not her or her brother.
    Sounds like a lot of stress you don't need. Report her if she wont take care of the kids. At the very least they will interview her and scare the wits out of her. It might help her shape up for awhile, no guarantees as some people just don't get it.

I'm confused, its your MIL, is the house your house and she's moving these people in?

Or are you living with her and she's moving in more people?
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

Car loan (ugh, again!)
    Husband's debt to work on, mine is gone except car loan. w00t!

Yah, I suck at this money stuff, I know. That's why I'm here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If MIL wants them to move into her house it is her problem not yours.
    If MIL wants them to move into YOUR home then you say No and problem is solved.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by itlw8 View Post
    If MIL wants them to move into her house it is her problem not yours.
    If MIL wants them to move into YOUR home then you say No and problem is solved.
    Best said there...if it is MIL's house it may be time for your part of the family, including your brother, to all move somewhere else. They will all just drag you down....

Kill the mortgage! Goal: 12/2023 Left to go: $141946.74 Extra paid: 2012- $4408.03 2013-$5396.21+ $400 extra towards escrow
    2014-$2376.73

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is our house we rent she pays rent and we pay for water gas electric, garbage, cable, phone, and car insurance on her car. we Buy groceries, household, her meds and her bounced checks hopefully not this month. I told her no family except for our kids and my brother can come home. As far as the daughter she does just enough to make the state happy. I am a social worker not in the field. All of our expencies are more than her rent

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would let MIL know that if anyone other than your brother moves in, then you, your husband, and your kids will move out. Your landlord might have ideas of their own regarding who can and can not move in. You sound very willing to be responsible for your brother and I would imagine that any landlord would be okay with that situation.

Given what you have said about the 'other' side of the family, I would bet the Landlord would have the ability to say "No" and back you up or terminate the lease completely.

Tough choices.
    Hugs
    The Free Spirit Saver who walks the path with Greebo.

Onboard with a modified Dave Ramsey Plan
    Budget: "Every month! On paper, on purpose!"

Gardening somewhere between Zone 6b and 7a.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My answer to her- "oh hell no." Lol. Hugs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd be moving out the back door as they were moving in the front. Why put up with that situation?

Why cover her bad checks, etc? That's her problem.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My land lord is my husbands boss and my friend. She lives 4 doors down from and comes to visit a lot we have been friends for years. Money is money she gets hers and does not want any one else here besides my brother and that is because he is handicapped. So no longer a worry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad to hear it's working out.