Denise Interchangable Needles?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Denise Interchangable Needles?

As I mentioned the other day, I'm a brand new knitter (finished the hat last night!!). My knitting instructor (who happens to own the yarn shop in town) has been pushing these Denise Interchangable Needles

They are pricey, but it seems like this might be the only thing I need for quite a while. Has anyone here used them? What do you like/not like about them? I've considered asking for them for Christmas....

TIA!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They are certainly inexpensive, but I think they would drive me insane. I can't stand plastic needles for one thing. The circulars might be decent, but the end of the straights being floppy and different would make me nuts. You might want to wait and see what you like in a needle before you buy a big kit like that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've not used the Denise brand, but I have tried interchangeable needles. My opinion, and the opinion of several others I know who have also gone that route, is that the needles are kind of a pain to work with. The needles are, by design, made to come off the cord, and they often do. Also, as mentioned, the curvature of the needles isn't the best fit, especially for someone who is just starting and hasn't decided whether they like knitting yet.

Then again, I learned to spin on a "travel" spinning wheel, and found out later that it was the hardest to use and most temperamental wheel in the shop! After that, all the other wheels felt like heaven!!