How many crocheters here?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How many crocheters here?

I was going to start a poll, but there isn't one available.

Can you share other crochet sites/blogs?
    Ruth

Got married Feb 14, 2010 at Akaka Falls on the Big Island of Hawaii

In loving memory of my 8 year old MinPin 'Jake'. He was a great companion and I miss him dearly!!!!
    05/05/98 - 10/07/06

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Only a little. SewCrafty taught me a bit when she visited a few years ago. It was awkward for me to hold the needle, and I'm not sure if that's because I'm left handed, and she's not, or if it's just because it was new to me.

Something drew me to knitting more, so I learned that instead. I think that's because my mom was knitting at the time, and even though she knows how to crochet too, I asked her to teach me to knit.

RE: the poll not being available. I'm not sure I understand. Have you created polls in the past? You need to start a new thread (like you did), and then at the bottom of the page is a space to check off that you want to make a poll to go along with the post. Do you see that, or could there be something wrong? If you want to try again and still have trouble, I can post it for you if you give me the details.

HTH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Michelle, I looked but didn't see anywhere that looked like what I needed to do to start a poll, but maybe I just missed it. No matter, I just asked instead
    Ruth

Got married Feb 14, 2010 at Akaka Falls on the Big Island of Hawaii

In loving memory of my 8 year old MinPin 'Jake'. He was a great companion and I miss him dearly!!!!
    05/05/98 - 10/07/06

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was just weaving in ends on an afghan I am making for my daughter ~ now I have to sew it together (my least favorite job!).
    Last edited by nancycg56; 01-19-2009 at 08:45 AM.
    Nancy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I crochet. I don't mind the sewing together as much as the weaving ends. I have a pattern for a granny square that is gorgeous, but I may never do it - the color changes every round and I keep thinking of all those ends....

I like doing afghans made in strips. They're easier to handle than the one piece ones and require less weaving and sewing than squares. I'm just finishing one using the Red Heart Monet variegated for the wide center of the strips. I usually don't much care for the ombres, but this one worked up really nice.

No particular sites. I tend to settle with a few favorite patterns and just ring the changes on those.
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I a a crochet wanna be. I am trying to learn that for my skill this month...and failing big time! I can crochet a string which has a row or two on it...then I lose it. Granny says I have to work on my tension...that I am not holding the yarn right. So I am still trying....still not working but I have had some fun in trying.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've crocheted longer than I have knit. I learned to crochet when I was 10 or 11. I don't do it much anymore because I prefer to knit and crocheting makes my hand cramp.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love to crochet. I am working on a few thread crochet bookmarks for a friend's birthday right now. I have an afghan that I have in the works, I just have not drug it out to work on lately.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I to do a little. I am far from good at it, but good enough to make my own dish rags, granny squares, and a few pillows. Nothing much but enough to get a few things made and enjoy.
    Michelle, I so understand the left handed thing. When I taught my youngest daughter (she is a lefty!) it was something. Now she does all her work like she is right handed, but she is left. She works stuff backwards. I finally used the trick of sitting across from her at the table....then it was like a mirror image. It worked, but I still don't know how she does it backwards!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

YEARS ago, I taught myself to crochet left-handed so I could teach my lefty sister. It was quite difficult for me. I can imagine how hard it is for a left handed person to crochet with their right hand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I crochet a bit. It stumped me for a long time, and then one night I found a granny squared I liked, and everything just clicked. It was very different from knitting - for me at least - conceptually. I love to do it, but I haven't found as many crochet patterns that I like - not nearly as many as knitting. I've got a little lap blanket in process, and an afghan I'll be piecing for my mom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I crochet. My grandmother taught me some basics eons ago and I've pulled that out of the memory banks more or less successfully. I like having something to do when stuck somewhere. It mortifies my kids however to see me do that. I'm going to try knitting someday, when I've got some time for undivided attention. As for specific blogs, I zoom around so many craft sites and just sort of pick and choose stuff I see.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love to crochet My favorite things to do are afghans, doilies, and small or one skein projects. I too, hate having to weave in ends. No matter what I do with them some end up popping out if I do a lot of color changes in an afghan.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Crochetville is a forum like this one only ALL crochet
    Nancy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes I crotchet. I like to make afgans from granny squares. I also crotchet amigurumi style toys. I still prefer knitting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast