lots of craft stuff
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post lots of craft stuff

Hi everyone first i want to say my Mom passed away on 4-26-10 thats why i have not been on here for a while. any how we are going thru things now and we find alot of old craft kits some from my grandmas we find old sewing machines all working all 4 of us girls are over whelmed with this stuff tons of yarn ,matarial, you name she had my question is should we go ebay or sell it at the estate sale or just donate it us girls took what we wanted . Thanks Klean163

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First, I'm sorry for your loss.

If you sell it on EBay or whatever site, just remember to include shipping in your costs.
    I saved 100% by buying nothing. Best sale of the year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Depends on the amt. of time you want to spend on it......

I would first try to sell it on CL.......free to list. Esp. would try to sell the heavy items (sewing machine) on CL as the shipping would be a killer on ebay.

Might even 'group' some of it and list it on here. (lots of crafters here and some have been looking for a sewing machine...but again....shipping comes into play.)

I would have a garage sale/estate sale if your time permits. Still more income for you....though smaller $.

Last I would go to ebay due to the fees. Or, if enough left, an estate sale (from a pro)....but again fees taken out.

After trying to sell it........I would donate.

All takes time/patience and depends on what you want to spend on it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I also would put it in the estate sale first or a garage sale. I don't sell on ebay, but I know it involves a lot of time on your part.

Also, though I have a passion for yarn, I have never found any I was willing to buy on ebay. The prices seem high to begin with = as high or higher than what I buy here -- and adding in shipping, it's no bargain. I do better to buy locally or new at Joann's or another company. The shipping is no higher (and sometimes free) and it's new and I have better choices. However there must be those who sell it on ebay, because there are always lots of listings, and I can't speak for other craft items. The yarn shipping may be particularly high because of its weight and bulkiness.
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry for your loss. Selling it via Craig's List or a garage sale is a good option. I agree with dcompton that selling on eBay is very time consuming. Another option may be to donate some of it to girls' or seniors' organizations.

Registered User daughter of pearl's Avatar
    I live in an eastern suburb of Toronto in Canada, near Lake Ontario and lots of park land.
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry for your loss! Have no idea what the best thing to do is...I know ebay is a bit of an effort to start with, but there's also craigslist.

You could donate it to a Boys & Girls Club in her community.

Take care!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

was wondering where you were......so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. I'm glad that you have other siblings to help you go through her things.

for her craft supplies, I would yard sale it and then donate to a senior's center. You could always take pictures of groupings and see what is bid here at FV - the buyer paying the shipping of course.

Keep in touch and please take care.
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh