Project Linus

Thread: Project Linus

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Project Linus

Im sure most of you know about it but for those who dont and love to make afghans- there is a wonderful charity called "project Linus" (after linus from the peanuts who loves his blankie) they ask you to donate handmade blankets to them. It is a nationwide organization. I believe they also take yarn if you wish to donate some of your stash
    They give blankets to children in trammatic situations. For example sick kids in the hospital or survivors of natural disasters,ect.
    I volunteered with the Red Cross (as a nurse) for a massive flood in my area, and in walked these ladies with a blanket for every child in the shelter One mom was so thrilled because her little 3 year old boy had a favorite "blankie" and it was sadly lost in the flood. So she was so happy to pick out a new blankie just for him
    Its a wonderful thing to do if you like to make blankets but dont know what to do with them later. They take baby blankets too
    Project Linus National Headquarters is the link and you can contact someone in your area if your interested
    Me: Heather
    Married to: Jason since 5/9/03
    Step mom to: Megan 10/21/94
    Mommy to: Erin 4/1/05
    Alex 8/7/07
    Mom to furbaby: Annie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've heard about this but haven't looked into it yet. Most of my 'spare' lapgans go to my Mom's church ladies. Although I could do a couple for this when I'm done with current projects. I have two full sized afgans I'm currently making. (Trying to reduce my current stash.) I think they're too big for something like this so I'm thinking of handing them over to a local homeless shelter / organization. I'll keep this in mind.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ren, they do take blankets for teens also so if you are worried about them being too big for children there are plenty of teens that would love to have a blanket But the homeless shelter is also a wonderful idea
    Me: Heather
    Married to: Jason since 5/9/03
    Step mom to: Megan 10/21/94
    Mommy to: Erin 4/1/05
    Alex 8/7/07
    Mom to furbaby: Annie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you for this link. I also "Liked" it on FaceBook. This is a very worthy cause.
    Hello from Sunny Central Florida
    Cheryl

Gardening in zone 9B

~If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive. ~ Eleonora Duse