Re-teaching myself!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Re-teaching myself!

So I'm re-teaching myself to crochet, loom knit and knit. Yay....I'm really enjoying it. So far I've loom knitted a scarf and a hat for my 6 year old son. I'm almost done with a pair of crocheted fingerless gloves for me for work. I've got a request from a co-worker for a set for her. The next projects are: a pair of fingerless gloves for my son to match his scarf and hat, a cowl for my sister, and a scarf and hat for a 4 year old little girl who lost her mother to leukemia earlier this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome! You may want to join in our needlework arts challenge here: 2011 Needlework Arts Challenge The purpose of the challenge isn't to compete with each other, but just to set goals for ourselves and share our accomplishments.

I'm getting back into knitting myself, after not knitting for twenty years or so. This time around I'm expanding my horizons and learning new skills and techniques. I also plan to do more crocheting, which I haven't done for many years. It seems like a whole new world now that I have the internet and especially YouTube as a handy resource.

If you haven't explored www.ravelry.com, you may want to give that a look. Loads of info and patterns there.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, I read about ravelry here! I signed up and ive been looking around. There's an angry birds crocheted hat that my son would absolutely LOVE so maybe I'll attempt it when I get a bit better at this.

Youtube....oh my....I always though crochet and knitting was hard as a child but its so easy (at least the basic stuff) when you have youtube videos to search through!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oooh I just came to this area to see how others teach themselves to crochet and knit. I think I'd like to learn both and I just bought some crochet hooks and a beautiful skein of turquose medium yarn along with a book to follow. I will also check YouTube, good idea!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome to our group!
    Here's another free pattern directory.

Crochet Pattern Central - Directory of Free, Online Crochet Patterns by Category