2012 Crochet Corner - Page 4
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm still holding at two gnomes. I try not to sit down to work on them unless I can do the body all the way through so I don't forget where I am. Yeah, I do know I can make notes and stuff but I'd rather just do the whole thing at once. I've decided to make all the bodies first and then all the bottoms, then assemble them all. It should take less time.

How many are you making?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I finished a poncho for a lady at work. I thought it turned out a little "heavy", but she bought the yarn..... (ILTY)

A also started a lapghan/blanket using the "Neat Ripple" design.
    So far I love it.
    Don't know what I'm going to do with it when I finish. It clashes with everything in my house and I really don't need it.
    I had in mind a baby blanket to donate, but I'm not sure with the colors I chose.
    What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I actually know a couple ladies that have requested similar colors for "baby" blankets, they were people that I had made blankets for baby shower items for younger children, and they were wanting snuggle blankets for an older sybling (sp).

I will be working on putting the pieces together for a toilet tissue cover that I have been working on for 2!! weeks, the crochet part of it went really quickly, it is the top knot and ears that have taken FOREVER. It is a poodle, took forever to find a pattern for it. You have to make a pompom out of yarn and then seperate the strands for the top know, then you fringe the crocheted ears, and seperate all of the strands on that too. Still have a little over 1/2 of the second ear to go, and then attach all pieces. I hope no one at work sees it when I give it to the lady that asked for it, and wants me to make another one. However for the other thread, it did use a little over 1/2 skien of yarn out of my stash will see if I can figure out the whole posting pics thing when I get it done.
    After I finish the poodle pooch, I have an order for 3 small sock monkeys. So will need to start on them. That is something that I will be able to take to the hospital with me when DD2 has her surgery.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wjcalderon - I think the colors would be ok too. Not all baby blankets have to be pastel.
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wj - I think those colors would be fine for a baby blanket! Love the poncho too.
    May No Spend Days - 14 /15
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 132 /365
    2014 May Gas Challenge - $105 / $80
    May Keep Fit - 580 min / 750 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I managed a few finishes this past week. Mostly just finishing off a few UFO's that got to a certain point and I needed to change colours to finish the last little bit, put them away until I had more to finish of the same thing. so, I've completed 4 towel toppers for hanging towels, and 4 dishcloths. These will probably end up as Christmas gifts for this next christmas.:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Finished the first lapghan.

I changed the pattern on the second one - I didn't like the way it was looking. I've started a stupidly simple one with a four row repeat: half dc, dc, trc, dc. Surely I can't mess that up! Surprisingly, as simplistic as it is, I like it. This makes me think I've worked much too hard in most of my crochet life!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very pretty Donna! Love the colors.

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post
    Here are all the projects I started. Planned UFO's. What a weird concept! I'm working now on the top left in the first photo. In the second photo, the largest one that looks dark blue is really RH SS amethyst, that really dark purple.

I have work for a long, long time!

What is the pattern on the scarf just above the white one, I really like that one? I've already started making scarfs for next Christmas...never, ever have I started early, I hate being rushed in November and December.

And why so many projects started, do you just get bored and switch back and forth? Just curious.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Semo - Do you mean the very pale variegated one? Or the one above that? The light one is essentially a pattern I just made up as I went. The solid row part is all dc, the hole section is a 3dc, ch 1 repeat, with the chains offset over the middle dc's of the row below. I have several dc's at each end of the hole rows to stabilize the edges. I'm working on that one now, but I decided to change the pattern so I'm not actually doing that. Also, I won't have enough of that color and to avoid buying any more yarn, I'll probably add some peach stripes to it.

Probably the conversation about starting so many projects was mostly in the last year's thread. I have an enormous stash, way, way too much, and my goal this year to use up as much as I can of it. I knew if I had all these projects started through the first color repeat, all made from two or three patterns, I would be able to just finish one and pick up the next without having to plan anything. Just grab and go. It will keep me from losing momentum deciding on what to do next, choosing colors and getting it started. I had two weeks off at Christmas, so I devoted the time to getting these going. Also, it felt good to get chunks of the huge, amorphous stash assigned to specific projects.

They will all be lapghans for a local hospice program.
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Debbie-cat, thanks for the color compliment. I'm not totally satisfied though, and if I had to do it over, I would not use the gray, which is "grayer" than it looks in the photo, at least on my monitor. It seemed like a good idea, but in person, it really dulls the other colors now that more than just the beginning is done. I think a navy between them, or maybe even a pale yellow would have been a better choice. But it's done, and I had the gray to use up, so life's good anyway. I still have about 3/4 of a skein left to figure out another project for, another time.
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So by doing the beginnings of twenty lapghans, how many would that have been if you would have finished one at a time?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD: Do you mean if I had spent all that time working on single projects? It's hard to say. Maybe a couple? Starting is much slower because of all the false starts. Often I would start, and then rip out rows and change the color, or rip it all out and use the colors with a different pattern and so on. I spent a LOT of hours crocheting those two weeks.
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

dc - on my monitor that doesn't look like grey at all! Funny how each monitor is different. It still looks really pretty.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It also looks like various shades of blue, green, and purple, but there's only one of each. It could also be my shoddy camera. The colors I used were RH SS light gray, lavender, light periwinkle, light sage.
    Donna

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast