Anyone in Alaska?
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Licence to Kill Luv2BeFrugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    3,408
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Anyone in Alaska?

    I'm in Anchorage...anyone else up here?
    Kace - married to Dh for 14 years

    Always pinchin' pennies!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Mother Lode of California
    Age
    57
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I have a grandson in Bethel.
    Here's a site that you might like. They just reformated it and reopened it this week.
    http://www.frontierfreedom.com/phpBB2/index.php

  3. #3
    Registered User leezza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    922
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Nope not any more.........I grew up in Soldotna/Kenai area.........but haven't lived up there since 1990...........my family still all lives there though.......I don't miss the long winters but I do miss my family.

    leezza

  4. #4
    Licence to Kill Luv2BeFrugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    3,408
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lacyj View Post
    I have a grandson in Bethel.
    Here's a site that you might like. They just reformated it and reopened it this week.
    http://www.frontierfreedom.com/phpBB2/index.php
    Hey, that's a neat site!! Thanks for telling me!
    Kace - married to Dh for 14 years

    Always pinchin' pennies!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    373
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I don't live there, but I'm applying for an internship in Seward, AL and hoping that God gives me the chance to go there and gives me the money to be able to do it. Right now it's looking slim, but you never know. My fiance and I have always talked about moving up there though..what's it like?

  6. #6
    Licence to Kill Luv2BeFrugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    3,408
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mnmarty03 View Post
    I don't live there, but I'm applying for an internship in Seward, AK and hoping that God gives me the chance to go there and gives me the money to be able to do it. Right now it's looking slim, but you never know. My fiance and I have always talked about moving up there though..what's it like?
    That's cool! My Little Brother is managing a campground over the summer in Seward! You would definitely have a wonderful adventure interning up here!

    Seward is a nice little town (though it smells like fish in the summer...hehehe). It's about a 2.5 hour drive from Anchorage (the "big" city).

    If ya have any questions feel free to PM me anytime! AK is a very beautiful land full of exciting adventures!
    Kace - married to Dh for 14 years

    Always pinchin' pennies!

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm in Kodiak, moved here in 1991, then in 2000 we moved to Sitka, and then moved back to Kodiak in 2003. I used to work for a company out of Anchorage, and so I spent several weeks a year in the "city" and loved visiting there. I miss being able to just fly over, but at $300/person just to get off the rock, it's not really a possibility (and the airfare is just the beginning, then there is eating out, hotels, car rentals, shopping...). I've heard of some good web specials on ERA though, so maybe sometime. When we go south, we try to have some sort of layover in Anchorage, last time we took the bus to the zoo. How long have you been in Anchorage?

  8. #8
    Licence to Kill Luv2BeFrugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    3,408
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4islandgirls View Post
    I'm in Kodiak, moved here in 1991, then in 2000 we moved to Sitka, and then moved back to Kodiak in 2003. I used to work for a company out of Anchorage, and so I spent several weeks a year in the "city" and loved visiting there. I miss being able to just fly over, but at $300/person just to get off the rock, it's not really a possibility (and the airfare is just the beginning, then there is eating out, hotels, car rentals, shopping...). I've heard of some good web specials on ERA though, so maybe sometime. When we go south, we try to have some sort of layover in Anchorage, last time we took the bus to the zoo. How long have you been in Anchorage?
    I was born and raised in Anchorage...so was my hubby.

    Where were you before Kodiak?

    Yeah, I know what you mean about airfare...just to Seattle is about that much. I've never been to Kodiak...had a pen pal there years ago...

    PM me sometime! I'd love to chat with ya!
    Kace - married to Dh for 14 years

    Always pinchin' pennies!

Similar Threads

  1. Is frugal Alaska possible?
    By Hadrian12 in forum Pacific Northwest Pals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 01:47 AM
  2. Sarah Palin's Alaska
    By frugal is fun in forum Leisure & Media Arts
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 10:19 AM
  3. Petersburg Alaska ?
    By scooby8themall in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 11:03 PM
  4. Hello from Alaska
    By Luv2BeFrugal in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-17-2006, 07:31 PM
  5. Bachelorettes in Alaska
    By Sara Noel in forum Leisure & Media Arts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-15-2002, 05:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •