Bugs!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugs!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Bugs!!!

I hope this is the right spot.

My apartment is clean. Clean as can be! I am cleaning all day long. I am SO OCD about cleaning its rediculas.

Why, why, why, WHY do I have a gazillion spiders in my apartment?! We have killed 4 so far in a week and tonight I found two more. One is in my bedroom, so not sleeping there, and the other just crawled on my leg while I was watching TV on the couch. It was huge, and black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't do bug. Nope, don't do them. They give me terrible anxiety.

Our landlord said when we moved in the exterminator is there every Tuesday.

Would this be something for them to handle? Do they handle spiders?? Will they even stay away for long???

I am about to move to Alaska. I swear. I love the cold, and hate the bugs!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

aawww, poor spiders.

I would call the landlord and let him/her know. I would think they would take care of it.

Maybe more because of spring??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AnW819 View Post
    I am about to move to Alaska. I swear. I love the cold, and hate the bugs!!!

Spiders move around more with weather changes......warming up now so they are moving around. Then in the summer, when it gets hot, they will try to get out of the heat.

I have noticed a couple in my house too.

Don't think Alaska would be the best place then........as they have mosquitoes big enough to pack you off!!! And....you think they don't have spiders up there?? NOT!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I tend to ignore tiny spiders, and bigger one I capture and release into the wild outside my front door. But I can understand your hostility. The huge outdoor roaches that occasionally get inside are the ones that freak me out.

I agree. Let the landlord know.
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Alaska has spiders?! Well there goes my plan. Is there anywhere in the world that has minimal bugs??? I think my phobia of bugs is far beyond normal. I will scream, get out of breath and feel like I am gonna pass out. Its reiduclas! Ugh!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Alaska has spiders?! Well there goes my plan. Is there anywhere in the world that has minimal bugs??? I think my phobia of bugs is far beyond normal. I will scream, get out of breath and feel like I am gonna pass out. Its reiduclas! Ugh!!
    Siberia???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For real???

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For real???
    Sure. Have you seen documentaries of that cold place of hell. lol

In all seriousness, maybe you should do some research on spiders and find out why you are so afraid of them. I used to feel that way but not anymore. Some can actually be your friend and many bugs.

Okay not roaches. Lucifer made those and they come straight from the pits of hell!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is there anywhere in the world that has minimal bugs???

I would guess either pole of the earth........but............might want to purchase some warm clothes first!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate spiders too. I completely understand. I know in my mind that they really wont hurt me and I usually can handle the small non-lethal looking ones. But if they are creepy looking I freak!!!!

My dh found a HUGE black widow at the house next door on a telephone pole. He captured it and no one had seen one that big before. Ever since then,when I see a black spider I freak.

There are spider sprays at the store made by Raid and other brands. You could check into using one.....be very careful if you have your pets in the house though.

And call your land lord immediately!!!!

Now I have to go into my basement to do laundry and hope there are no spiders!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live in an apartment complex beside a golf course. Whenever the golf course sprays for bugs, we end up with them everywhere here. To solve this I went to lowes and got a ortho Max home defence. It was less than $20 and lasts for more than 3 months on your floors. Its also fine for pets. I have sprayed once and sometimes have to pick up a dead spider but thats it.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have noticed spiders in the house here lately to. The kids freak out and I do make herculean efforts to kill them if they are in the bedroom. <<Boogety>> . They are tiny little brown ones but I have seen some scary looking black ones around a time or two. The black ones FREAK ME OUT.
    Kim

Wife to dh Jeff for 23 years

Mom to dd 18 dd 14

3 very spoiled cats

1 dog

Book Challenge 2014 - 1 / 24

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spiders are not bugs, they are arachnids
    They are also not present because of any lack of housecleaning on your part. As someone else pointed out, they tend to move about when the weather changes. We find more spiders in the basement in the winter than in the warmer months.

Myself, I don't mind spiders much so long as they don't bite me in my sleep. They tend to eat the less desirable bugs I let the spiders have their reign in most of the basement, that way I don't have to deal with the beetles, crickets, flies, house centipedes (google those suckers, they will give you nightmares!), and the like.

Also, exterminators can't guarantee to get rid of spiders. Mostly because spiders can get in places exterminators don't treat and they use their webs to avoid places they do treat. At least that's what we were told by our exterminator in AL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I leave the spiders alone because they eat the other bugs. I figure a healthy spider population is a good thing. But our spiders are tiny. We used to have them about an inch long at our old house and they freaked me out, I don't know what I'd do if we had huge ones - scream a lot probably.

One time my husband took me on this romantic weekend. He rented a cottage on a river, very peaceful and pretty, but it had spiders the size of my fist in it. One of them scurried across my bare toes. Horrifying.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spiders aren't bugs. Spiders eat bugs. Spiders are your friends.
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast