How much does it cost for pest control?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How much does it cost for pest control?

I recently moved into a rental and yesterday i saw small spiders and roaches. My landlord lives in another state and i need to get rid of those bugs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Boric acid & sugar.... about 3 parts acid to 1 part raw table sugar... mix the stuff together and put in little lids, on paper, sprinkle on floor (under refrigerator, stove, heavy furniture, back of cabinets) and leave there.... re-apply often

At night sprinkle a tablespoon into sink drains and let sit thru the night (roaches love water & congregate around it)

We have tenants run a line across the back of their counter tops at night too and then wipe up in the morning. As long as their are no pets in the house to get onto the countertops - boric acid is highly toxic (that's why you put it in places that pets and animals do not get to).

The thing is, roaches are attracted to the sugar. They run thru it and the acid gets on the their feet. They take the acid back to their nests and everyone gets a dose of it then.

It will take a few weeks of constant treating to rid them. The life cycle of a roach is 16 days. There will be new ones born that need to be killed, so just keep at it. If you are in an apartment, you may need to treat all the time as you never know what the neighbors are doing. Also in houses or living quarters that are close together, the roaches will travel between home to home. I would suggest after you no longer see them, you can skip the sink & countertop applications, but continue to keep fresh down under heavy appliances & furniture. Also put out a few roach motels and leave them.

Boric acid can be bought at the dollar stores in the cleaning supply sections....

Good luck!

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for your kind suggestions, i need to try and then tell you the results.