I feel so lucky

Thread: I feel so lucky

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I feel so lucky

When I married DH he knew my 3 feline girls were my babies and coming with me. We now only have 1 of my girls left and she is in the geriatric years. The kids have been wanting a pet to love on and play with so DH and I started talking about kittens. We hate the shelters here because they will lie about the ages of the animals or breeds or past behaviors so there was no way I was dealing with them. I ended up going to Craigslist. We set up an appointment to pick up a little boy kitten. DH went and while he was there he saw a little girl kitten and asked about her too. He came out to the car with BOTH kittens.

They are the PERFECT pets for our household!

The boy cat loves his 10y/o little daddy! He will lick him, bat him, pull his shoes into his bed...then snuggle up and purrrrrrr. My little girl thinks she is a princess. She sleeps on her back and loves her tummy rubbed. Both cats love all 3 boys and will even snuggle up with the 6 y/o.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel warm and cuddly all over after reading your story.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Please don't hate shelters. I have 2 wonderful shelter dogs and had 2 more growing up as well as 2 shelter kitties. No good shelter would lie about these things as that would only result in the pets being returned to the shelter.

To everyone, check shelter/rescue groups 1st. Don't buy while innocent animals die.

...and remember to spay/neuter those little boogers!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are lucky to find new pets that fit in to the household so easily. My 18 yr old would never allow new cats or kittens to have a minute of peace for the first few months. lol

I have to disagree with the shelter part, I would go there first if looking for a pet. Course I dont even need to think about it, when people just dump them off here.

Please remember to get them both fixed. There are so many pets not wanted now.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by akolb View Post
    Please don't hate shelters. I have 2 wonderful shelter dogs and had 2 more growing up as well as 2 shelter kitties. No good shelter would lie about these things as that would only result in the pets being returned to the shelter.
    Well, I know our shelter is not good. I will NEVER get another animal from either one of them here and I will do my best to discourage anyone I know from using the shelters here.

We went in to get our boys a dog. We found this dog that they said was 5 years old. We got home and had all kind of problems with her. I'm not new to animals or anything like that, I pretty much grew up in my g'mother's kennel. Plus, we lived in the country and had all kinds. She was a different breed then we usually had but that should not have made that much difference. After trying this that and the other -- including 3 different vets -- DH called around and found out she was 12 years old instead of the 5 they told us. The shelter had full documentation of her shot history, her "issues", her age, her previous and only owner, the reason she was surrendered -- the whole 9 yards. None of which was disclosed (truthfully) upon our original questioning. I would have NEVER have picked out a 12 y/o dog for the kids and I sure would not have paid DOUBLE for one (adult dogs are double the price of a senior dog). She's dead now and I will not return to that shelter.

The other shelter we dealt with locally is not any more ethical. At least this dog is still alive.

I'm sticking with Craigslist for my animals - at least while I'm in this area. At least if they are wrong about something, I'm not out $$$ like the shelters. The guy we met for the kittens even waived the re-homing fee when he found out the ages of senior kitties. He knew they were going to be spoiled rotten for the next 20+ years.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aah, how sweet. Makes me want some more kitties.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

aweee Im so happy for you and your 2 new members of ur family.Kitties

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kittens? When do we get to see pictures?