Frugal Village Forums banner

My sweet Bella (long post)

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Palooka 
#1 ·
I think I posted about rescueing Bella under General Chat. I've had her about 3 weeks now.

She has to be the sweetest most tender dog I have ever met.

Bella is a 2 yr. old black cocker spaniel with a white chest. She had been set off in my friend's neighborhood for 4 weeks. The neighbors advertised a lost dog for that long.

When I got her she was so starved that her ribs and backbone stuck out. She was extremely dehydrated too. She had worms and fleas and had just gone into heat. Poor baby.

I've checked w/the local vets and the animal shelter to see if anyone was looking for her. When I took her to the groomer to get a flea bath I checked w/them as well.

Now she has gained weight and seems much happier and more confident.

Amazingly she and my other pound pooch get along perfectly. L.D. (the other pooch) even shares his toys w/ Bella.

I think this has been good for L.D. too. The two dogs play constantly.

Bella has been good for my ds 7 yrs. She lets him pet her and she will sit with him. She actually helps to calm him (he has adhd).

We were going to have Bella spayed with a group that does it for a big discount. They pick the dogs up in a van , take them to the facility , then bring them back the next day.

Well, the day came and I just couldn't do it. She is traumatized enough already. What would she think if I stuck her in a cage in a van and she didn't know what was going on????

I'm a big softie. So I am having her spayed at our local vet. Yes, it costs more, but she gets to come home the same day. And she is not spayed "in bulk".

I must say, I have not been this attached to a dog since my Springers were alive 12 yrs ago....

See less See more
#2 ·
Bella sounds like a wonderful pet. This reminds me of my first two poodles. Years ago I was given a dog which had been found in a parking lot. It looked like a little sheep dog or something and I took it to a groomer, only to discover there was a poodle under there. He turned out to be the sweetest, most laid back, wonderful pet I ever had. A year or so later I as given another poodle which was found on the streets. She was thin and had lost a lot of hair from flea allergies. Little did I know, she was also pregnant at the time. They both lived with us until their passing.

I'm glad she found you!

#5 ·
{{new leaf}} I am so happy that you have rescued little bella!! It kind of sounds like she rescued you a little bit too!! Big hugs to you and little Bella!!

Reactions: NewLeaf
#8 ·
Sounds as if she found the perfect home. Pets can add so much to a home. When you see the vet ask if you could get a discount. When I got my cats fixed I was able to get a discount because they came from a shelter. You never know they may help you out.

Keep us posted on how she is doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.