Frugal Village Forums banner

Crazy pet behavior

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Hamada 
#1 ·
Does your pet do anything that you really can not figure out what it is happening.

My one cat will be sleeping and all of a sudden wake up and start yelling then immediately run over to me and jump on my lap. I can't help but wonder if she had a bad dream.

#2 ·
Sometimes my dogs will look up suddenly and stare at the wall. There's nothing on the wall. Stop freaking me out, dogs!!!

Ghosts. I tell ya'.

#3 ·
One of my cats, who doesn't really want much to do with us unless he is hungry, likes to sleep on my head. Paul (that's the cat) wraps himself around my head from ear to ear. If I close the bedroom door, he reaches his paw under it and shakes the door until I finally give up and let him in.

He is such a brat but I love him.

#4 ·
My African Grey Parrot will, when the phone rings, say in a very sweet and melodious way, "Hellooooo-OOOO-oooo!!" I know *I* don't answer the phone this way, so I'm not sure where he picked this up.

My Hahn's macaw has a habit of flying off his cage, then waiting for me to come find him, pick him up, and return him. When I do so, he almost always says, "Thank you!" Again, I didn't teach him this, and I don't recall saying that phrase with any regularity around him.

He also talks in his sleep. :)

#8 ·
I recently heard that called "FRAP" - Frenetic Random Activity Periods.
So thats what it is called. My cat does this and just whips around the apartment jumping up on the couch to the coffee table to the window and then just does it all over then lays down and goes to sleep.

My dog chases his tail, I don't understand why. He does it at least once a day. Sometimes he chases his leg and then when he gets will flip him self over after he grabs it. He has lots of toys and gets taken for walks daily. So I don't know if it is a pom thing or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.