What odd behavior does your pet exhibit? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered User butterflywatcher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ferhoodled View Post
    Not sure if other dogs do this but my poodle spins around and around in circles and fluffs and scratches whatever he is going to be lying on. Sometimes he takes several minutes to get comfy and spins 20 or so times (I count because it's funny ). Sometimes after all that effort he just gets up and walks away.
    I have a poodle too. He drives me crazy! He takes forever to lay down, spinning in circles, gets up half a second later and does it again. Then might jump up and not lay down at all!

Also, he has separation anxiety bad. It's so irritating. I'm home almost all the time, but if the hears me open my dresser drawer, he comes running from wherever he's at, and stands at my bedroom drawer, salivating and then will start crying if he sees me putting lotion on my feet, which I always do before putting socks on. It's like he knows this signals me leaving and he gets super nervous. Most of the time, he just stands and stares at me for no reason and will continue until I tell him to go lay down somewhere. There's five people in this house, but he is obsessed with me.

He's insane for walks too. He can be in a dead sleep, but if someone says, "walk," he literally jumps up.

Our Lab, Duke, has an obsession with cloth objects. When someone comes home, he runs to find anything made from cloth and picks it up in his mouth and brings it to us, wagging his tail. I mean, he's done this for since he was a puppy. He's six years old now and still does it. His obsession has been dangerous for him. He's swallowed rags, underwear, hair scrunchies, stuffing he's chewed from his bed. All kinds of stuff. He's gotten himself very sick from it at times.

Registered User Lynnwantstosave$$'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My cat Crash makes so much noise when he drinks water. You would think he is a dog, lol. He also loves to drink water out of the tank of the toilet. He comes running if he hears me take the lid off. Crash is also noisy when taking a bath. When i buy new cats toys, he will literally jump straight up and then dance around he is so excited. His nickname is goofy newfy and we love him that way. We had to bottle feed him after we rescued him.

When my cat fudge is happy, it looks like she is smiling. She will also bring some of her wet food into the living room to save it for later. We call it fresh kill. She likes to hide it for later. Both of my cats are talkative. And they are not even Siamese. They were feral.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

frugalfranny my dogs name is oreoh my name is a misspelling that i just worked with...I love my oreoh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

our buddy jethro brings his food one bite at a time into the l/r (where we usually eat), if he's being petted, scratched and we stop he will growl to get us to continue (dh says he's spoiled), he catches bugs that get trapped at the windows. sometimes he hides his meaty bones and he loves to get his treats in empty tp rolls. i'm currently teaching him signs OH and if I scratch his ears he has to lick my fingertip.(must be tasting for infection or something ewwwwwwwwwwwwww).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    frugalfranny my dogs name is oreoh my name is a misspelling that i just worked with...I love my oreoh.
    My 'little white boy' came with that name..(Oreo).....he was a rescue.
    Since I am horrible at naming pets, and he had already had it changed once, I just left it. Didn't want to confuse him any more or add trauma......since they weren't sure how long he had been out on the street when they found him. (he weighed three pounds when I brought him home and they 'thought' he was about a year old)

Funny part is..........I almost put Oreo in part of Muff's name.....since she was papered. Only reason I didn't is because part of her mom's name is Oreo..........too weird!! (didn't file the papers anyway, when I found out what a TOTAL RIP OFF it is!!)

Guess this was all just "meant to be"...........strange!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had huskies when I was about 7. One was given to us from a friend of my dad and the other was given to us by my grandfather because he got it for my aunt (she was about 12) and she never took care of it. They were both males and they were best friends, romped around the house together, slept together, everything. One was all white (Snowball i named him) and one all black (named King). Snowball liked to run away and be gone for anywhere from 6 hours to 2 days. He always came back and wouldn't do it again for several weeks. One time when he was gone the longest, 2 days, King sat on the porch day and night and just cryed. We couldn't get him to eat or drink or anything. You would have thought that his best friend died. Finally a neighbor spotted Snowball and brought him back and King was the happiest we'd ever seen him. Snowball stopped running away after that.

EDIT: They also liked to drink Kool-aid. If i had a glass of it on the coffee table, they'd drink it all. My mom would make them grape Kool-aid once a month in the summer as a treat. She made it without sugar obviously but they loved a bowl of kool-aid with icecubes in it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My dog Charlie will chew everything and anything (lazy boy included) but only when we are home. We've tried everything to get her to stop but she just won't. Long walks and runs, new toys, nothing works...she also pretends to bury her bone, even if nothing is there to bury it in...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have 3 dogs. The youngest (and biggest, a malinois/husky cross) acts like a cat in heat. We call him cat-dog. He'll come up to you when your sitting down and rub against your legs. Then when you pet him, he'll start rubbing his back end up and down. He usually catches an arm on the chair and lifts it up, sometimes flipping them over.

The older big dog growls and barks at ANY kind of dog on TV. Real dogs, wolves, cartoon dogs, even poorly drawn ones.

The little dog is just a little weasel. She is absolutely insane about licking, and if she has done something wrong, she'll put her head down and give you the stupidest-looking grin. She looks like a meerkat on those (telus?) commercials.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dogs name is Ben

His butt sucks wind

But he's a good ole dog

For the shape he's in!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My parents' mini Doxie has some strange mannerisms with taking a dump! She takes quite short steps around the yard, sniffing the ground all along the way, stops, curls up like she's gonna go, then hesitates like she decided against that spot and starts the procedure all over again. It's not like she's straining to go...just that she decided that "no, that spot didn't seem quite right"...she thought it was okay at first, but changed her mind! She does this over and over and over sometimes til she finds just the RIGHT spot! Then she kicks back with her back legs fast at first and then in slow motion stopping for a mere fraction of a second with her leg up in the air before she brings it down again. It's sooooo hilarious to watch! Sometimes she's stepped quite a few feet away from where she actually dumped, but she still kicks and I guess thinks she's covered it up!

Our male mini Doxie likes to lick my legs when I get out of the shower....he likes to lick all of us on the legs or arms, but not our feet, but it's obvious that he prefers my oldest son and I. He licks or tries to lick us more often. Our female mini Doxie likes to lick my youngest son's feet and mine.

Our male Doxie, Jack, will take his treat and throw it up in the air and fall onto it and rub his body on it or bite at it before he eats it. Sometimes he just inhales it! He also goes and stands in the kitchen staring at the microwave until someone notices and gives him a treat (treats are beside the microwave).

All three mini Doxies have running "fits" after they get their baths. My parents' Doxie even runs the same "pattern"...under table, through the kitchen to slide on the rug in front of the sink, through the foyer, slides on that rug, up on the end of the couch, runs to the other side of the couch, jumps off, runs under dining room table again...around and around...she does it more if we all clap and cheer! LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our tuxedo cat talks to my husband, but usually won't talk to me even though he's a mama's boy. He sleeps on my head at night but won't cuddle up with my husband.

Our orange tabby comes running if someone is looking at a newspaper. He pesters us until we put an open sheet of paper over him. Then he just lays there and purrs.

One of our calicos will squeeze her fatness into the smallest box possible. See avatar. It's comical watching her trying to get into little bitty boxes.

Our Siberian husky wants out if she's in, and in if she's out. Like every five minutes. We wised up and put in a dog door. She is also the only dog we've had that has truly mastered the long-distance beg and has trained my husband to deliver her snacks to her, so she doesn't have to get up and come to the kitchen to get them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One of our dogs seems to be permanently attached to his Nylabone. He carries it EVERYWHERE! It's like American Express as far as he's concerned LOL!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123