Dog Products and Supplies
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Dog Products and Supplies

Puppies and dogs are considered as family members in many households, and as a dog owner you might buy anything from basic supplies to treats, special toys, and even blinged-out collars and cute little outfits. so except these, anything others?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have you bought your pet furniture yet? I did - once. I bought each of them their own comfy full-sized armchair. I don't tell just anyone this because people look at me like I'm frigid crazy. I'm so glad that I bought them armchairs that I liked because I was the only one using them. They still would only sleep or sit on my bed or the sofa, with me. Wherever I was, they were. So I don't buy pet furniture anymore. I do the tall carpeted scratching towers and they love those, but no more furniture. They have their own blankets, towels and dinnerware - I treat them the way I would like to be treated myself. So talk about how you treat your dog. Will you buy pet supplies for your pets?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't buy pet furniture or clothes for my big guy other than a couple of special occasion collars. However, he does lead the life of Riley in other aspects. I cook for him and he eats better than I do. The reason behind the madness is food sensitivities and what I think is IBS. After trying almost every food on the market, I started cooking in desperation. He eats 12 oz boiled chicken or baked turkey. (For some reason, Walmart has had Butterball turkeys on sale for $0.50/per pound!!) In addition, he gets a wide variety of different veggies, all steamed and smushed up. Several ounces of baked sweet potato with each meal, ground eggshells for calcium, krill oil, Vitamin B 50 complex, dried kelp, Vitamin E. I buy fresh salmon on sale. Otherwise he gets canned salmon, water packed sardines and occasional canned mackerel. Just recently found a brand of dog food made from kangaroo. I've been cutting back a bit on the poultry and giving 3/4 cup of that and so far, so good. But it is EXPENSIVE. $18.00 for 5 lbs!

After 6 years of constant scratching, massive hair loss, he is doing fantastic on home cooked food. Coat has improved by about 95%, very little hair loss other than normal shedding, coat is glossy, smells good. No more chronic ear infections resulting in vet visits and medications. Except for the addition of the kangaroo food, I found cooking to be only a tad more expensive than buying the higher quality kibbles. Time-wise, the benefits are worth the outcomes for me. And I eat his leftovers! - resulting in a wider variety and more veggies for me.

Other than that, he goes almost everywhere I go. If I go to the store, he goes and waits in the car - weather permitting - with windows down and sunroof open. In hot weather, I go to the store either at the crack of dawn or late at night. I try to take him to a different park or walking place at least 1-2 times a week. He goes "shopping" at different pet stores every week. He gets his teeth brushed 1-2 times a week and brushed/combed several times a week in the warm weather. He's very well trained, loves all people and animals. Exceedingly friendly! Actually, he's quite comical in his friendliness.

Is he spoiled? Absolutely! Would I do it again? Absolutely! Do I care what others think? Nope.
    Last edited by SueBee49; 08-22-2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: spelling?