Frugal Village Forums banner

Sometimes I Think He Understands English

936 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  frugalmel 
#1 ·
Ever have one of those moments with your cat or dog, where you're absolutely sure he knows exactly what you just said?

Last night, DH and I were curled up in bed and we could hear our dear sweet cat, Tempest, playing in his toy box (we keep all his toys in a plastic basket by the big chair in the livingroom) and DH was trying to guess which toy he was playing with.

After a few minutes, we heard him tossing around a toy and chasing after it. We figured it was his newest one as it made a thud whenever it landed and had a jingly noise.

"I wonder what ever happened to the mouse he used to play with a year ago," DH said. "The gray one with the long tail."

After a few minutes, Tempest leeped up onto the bed and began playing with something at DH's feet. Curious, DH sat up in bed to see what it was and would you believe it? It WAS the same little toy mouse we hadn't seen in a year that our cat had brought to bed with him.

DH and I had a real good chuckle over that one and we cuddled our sweet little boy til we all fell asleep. It was a really delightful way to end the day.

Bright Blessings!
Rawiya

See less See more
G
#4 ·
YES!!!
I have a dog now - and have owned many pets in the past... they ALL understood... and knew when they were talked about... even when you didnt say their name!

here's a funny story tho...
when i was a kid living w/my mom we owned a cat. Mother SWORE the cat could talk... cuz when he "meow'd" when he wanted to be let outside it sounded as tho he said "out".
(think of meow - w/a "kuh" sound at the end... like he clicked or something :LOL: )

anyway... so she's on the phone w/her best friend who she'd told how her cat spoke english to many many times... and the cat, sitting at mother's feet - waiting impatiently (he'd tap his foot if he could've!) - until she looked down, phone glued to her ear... and asked "what do you want?"... and he meow'd... "ooowwwwt"

My mother's friend nearly died... he said "by damned, your cat DOES speak!"

*giggle*

the things our animals do to get their points across...

or maybe we're the crazy ones!!

:LOL:

#8 ·
What a cute story!!
I know what my animals think of me in one aspect at least. That I'm the BESTEST cook in the world (even thought I'm not!)

When we adopted our Sharpei I told my dh (who was sitting on the couch) We should get a pic of you and Buster. Well Buster walked right over to dh and I swear that dog sat in front of the couch....and smiled!! Oh it was too much. Of course they understand us....they don't care what we're saying all the time. Kinda like dhs

#9 ·
I honestly believe they not only understand, but some can spell too! lol

Our dog, King, knows what W A L K means. and O U T. He could be sound asleep and you spell that and he is looking at you to see if you just "said what he thought he heard."

Sue, our kitty Salem is like your mom's cat. When she wants out (and she is NOT patient) she sounds like she says "mee-out". Even our friends have commented that it sounds like she says "me out". Which is only fitting since our cats believe that we are here to serve them. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.