Frugal Village Forums banner

cats head stuck

Tags
cats head stuck
2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  baxjul 
#1 ·
How do you get a cats head out of a small peanut butter jar? It's really stuck. Not my cat, seems to be a stray kitten but it's in my back yard right now. Poor little thing. If it wasn't so sad it would be quite funny actually.

#2 ·
Is it greasy with remains of PNB? If not, try greasing it with crisco or butter. I think the key will be to calm the cat so that you can gently find the exact angle that will slip it off. Let us know what happens.

#3 ·
I'd cut off the end first, poor thing prob can't breath well.
ThenI'd figure out how to get the rest off. prob need to cut it

#5 ·
Need to try and get the little thing again. It got scared when my dogs barked at it. It's sitting at the edge of the woods, dogs are in the house, so I think it will come up to me again. I'll let you know what happens.

#8 ·
I'd cut the jar too if it were plastic to let air for kitty. Plus it might give you a better view of getting it lubed up. I would use probably butter or someting, maybe babyil or lotion, something that will wash off easy. Hold kitty using a thick towel. Then after that, he'd need a bath to remove the lubing...whole 'nuther thread, I am sure. :toothy:

#13 ·
Everything fine, olive oil to the rescue! Went looking for him and not only found him but 2 other kitties, not in same condition though. All now happy hanging out in the back where they live with their Momma.

:hurray:

Thanks for all the help.
Deb

#14 ·
I'm so glad the little one is ok, thanks for rescueing him.:paw:

#17 ·
oh what a relief...you're a hero. :) Poor thing. One time I was folding laundry and my cat seemed rather still instead of trying to reach for my clothes. I looked down and her head was stuck between my chair slats! I started screaming and I ran to the garage for a hammer! LOL My dh and his friend were over and gently pryed her out. Thank goodness they were out, or out of panic I would hav destroyed my chair.

#19 ·
YAY!! Glad to hear the kitties are fine, now. Good for you for being so kind. Do they have food to eat?? Poor little thing must have been hungry to get his head stuck in a PB jar....are you going to adopt them??:angel:

#20 ·
I didn't know they were living back there but now that I do we'll make sure that there's water for them. Not sure how I'll handle the food thing yet since I'm in the country and don't want to draw unwanted animals back there, they'll be great little mouse catchers though. I'll figure something out. Don't dare bring them in the house as I already have 3 dogs and 4 cats (which I think would pack their bags and move if I brought anything else in) and I'm in a small double wide so not much room.
Deb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.