Frugal Village Forums banner

Kittens, kittens, everywhere, fighting!!!!!

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Hamada 
#1 ·
Two weeks ago, we got Sassy. Today, I got her twin sister (not kidding), Sam (samantha). Sassy keeps trying to fight with Sam. Will they stop? Do I break up the fighting? Do I just let them go? Sassy is smaller than Sam.

#2 ·
eventually they will work it out. It's probably just a dominance issue. hey, this is my turf, no, no, now it's mine, etc. they'll eventually get it all figured out.

#4 ·
they'll work it out. mine fought for a few weeks, chilled out and even now every once in awhile they fight. They both like to sleep at the same spot on my daughters bed at night but usually rotate... every once in awhile, one gets confused on who's night it is and a battle breaks out and ends up tumbling down the stairs.

#5 ·
I wouldn't. Unless they were causing serious injury to each other. I mean bloodletting. Otherwise I think if i needed to seperate I would get two cat crates. put em each in one. Side by side. they can snarl at each other and his and fit. But in all honestly, it probably won't last long. they will either get along soon or they will learn to live together anyway.

#6 ·
My dogs and cats still do this. I sit back and watch the show. It is similar to "reindeer games" that teach skills in hunting and flying, as well as where each animal fits into the pack. They will eventually figure out who is the alpha.

#12 ·
I think it might be 3 months. I know I've had them done at 4 months. That won'e affect the play-fighting, though. Incidentally, my understanding is that the fighting is a necessary part of their muscle and coordiantion development. Can you just shut them in a "play room" somewhere that it does not annoy you so much?

#13 ·
My two are the same age but 7 years old. One is twice as large as the other. The big one can get to aggressive with the smaller one on occasion. I had to break them up by walking over to them and shaking my finger. Twice I held the big one still. Anyway the best thing for them is when I make sure to play with the bigger one everyday. This seems to get her aggression out. And when they do run around together the smaller one is not screaming.

Good luck. I am sure they will settle down. Also kittens often look as if they are fighting even though they are playing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.