We're getting all settled in!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default We're getting all settled in!

Our puppy is doing awesome! Bella is a little comedian. Getting her to play fetch is a riot, she bounds like a deer.

She's is doing excellent with her housetraining. Accident free. She whines when it's time to go. Need to work on getting her to ask at the door, but she's kinda gated whereever we are as she is curious. So we just listen for the high pitched whine that she gives, she doesn't want to do her busines sin the house

She has the command sit down pat. As well as down. She's not allowed to stand on us, she forgets that, but responds to down and sits and wriggles and rolls onto her back, but at least she's not jumping up.

she started to bark looking out the living room window, she got a squirt from the water bottle, last time she did that. Now she growls, and I tell her no and she stops immediately.

She was wanting to lick our faces non stop. She's stopped that with the kids and me, but for some reason, she still "attacks" dh..lol.

Oh, and she didn't even cry her first night here. She wasn't kenneled prior, she slept with her mama(canine one) all the time on a comforter ont he floor. We thought that would be a problem, but it wasn't at all. She sleeps through. She whimpers a little when dh gets up at 5 am, but he doesn't acknowledge it and she goes right back to sleep.

So she's doing very well. She got squirted a couple times for starting to nibble the furniture and she stopped. But she also has lots of access to chew toys and rawhides so she can deal with that urge appropriately, and she highly praised for chewing her toys.

We're starting on the leash now...what a challenge! But even that is going smoothly. Another week and she should be easy to lead on the leash.

She needs a check up, and final shots and then it's off to puppy school. Dh conceeds that it's a worthwhile investment into our family to have a well trained obedient pet.

I'll post pics later of her. She's is toooo cute!

Can you tell we're very pleased with her?
    Mom to 4 wonderful kiddos. Homeschooling mom
    • FFEF 2/6months
    • Retirement savings to start
    • Mortgage

DEBT, n. An ingenious substitute for the chain and whip of the slave driver.
    - Ambrose Bierce

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

She sounds like a great dog. I think you deserve a lot of credit for training her properly

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like you have a winner on your hands, lol... Keep us updated

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Aawww glad to hear that she's doing so great. We've had schnauzzers and poodles and they are both so smart. My special, poodle pal Heidi is my shadow. She's 7 now and pretty set in her ways.
    Enjoy your baby. I know it's a lot of fun and a lot of work but so worth it in the end.

~48 yr. old sahw, livin' it up in our empty nest, smack dab in the middle of everywhere.~

*We're debt freeeeeeeee! (including the house)*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks! I don't take full credit, the breeder raises her dogs in her home as pets, and the moms have a little every few years. So this one was well socialized with people and animals when we got her. She's by no means perfect, but very bright. She's a barrel of laughs already.
    Mom to 4 wonderful kiddos. Homeschooling mom
    • FFEF 2/6months
    • Retirement savings to start
    • Mortgage

DEBT, n. An ingenious substitute for the chain and whip of the slave driver.
    - Ambrose Bierce