Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Chicken Tortilla Soup II
02-07-2009, 07:04 PM #1
Chicken Tortilla Soup IIChicken Tortilla Soup II
Recipe Descriptionthis is a spicy, thick mexican style soup. NOT my recipe. found it here:Preparation Steps:
the reviews say less cheese, less corn tortillas and less taco seasoning.cook chicken on stove until done, or use fajita chicken or you could even go meatless!Level of Difficulty:MediumTime Needed:1hr to cookIngredients:1 cup carrot, dicedServes:
1 cup celery
1 cup onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, diced or 1 fresh garlic clove, diced
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons corn oil
4 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, diced (optional)
1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, diced
1 (1.25-1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning, I use McCormicks
1 (10 count) package corn tortillas (broken or cut into small pieces)
12 ounces chicken meat, poached, diced
1 cup milk
12 ounces monterey jack cheese or Mexican blend cheese, shredded
corn tortilla chips, broken into small pieces4-8 servingsDirections:1. Saute carrots, onions, celery in corn oil, garlic, salt and pepper until tender.
2. Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
3. Add tomatoes, Rotel, taco seasoning, and chicken.
4. Cut Tortillas into small pieces and add to broth mixture.
5. Let boil for 20 minutes or until tortillas are thoroughly incorporated into soup stirring occasionally to keep from sticking.
6. Reduce heat and add 8 oz. cheese. Simmer for additional 10 minutes.
7. Add milk and simmer for additional 10 minutes.
8. If thicker soup is desired, add more diced tortillas and let incorporate into soup.
9. Garnish with shredded cheese and broken tortilla chips.
10. Substitutions: 1 cup Masa Harina (Masa Flour) for 1 10 ct. package of corn tortillas. Gradually add masa flour mixing into broth, mixing thoroughly into broth. If thicker soup is desired, add more masa flour.
11. You can also use grilled chicken fajita meat for poached diced chicken.
Last edited by Ashie06; 02-07-2009 at 07:05 PM.
By Jamauk in forum Soups and stews RecipesReplies: 4Last Post: 02-09-2011, 01:46 AM
By McD in forum Soups and StewsReplies: 2Last Post: 04-25-2010, 09:35 AM
By NikoSan999 in forum Kitchen ClonesReplies: 1Last Post: 09-15-2009, 10:30 PM
By Ellise in forum Soups and StewsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-21-2003, 12:20 PM
By captclearance in forum Gifts In A JarReplies: 2Last Post: 11-30-2002, 12:17 PM
Tags for this Thread