Frugal Village Forums banner

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings

8K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  kathirynne 
#1 ·
Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings

Recipe Description
I found this online, somewhere - don't know where, a while back. I love chicken/dumplings. This does come out dumpling-like. Don't be fooled by the biscuit dough. It doesn't make biscuits​
Preparation Steps:
Just make sure to prep everything... you'll have to dice an onion, but that's about the hardest thing. I like to cut up the chicken breasts, as well.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
6 hours.​
Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tbsp butter
2 10.75oz cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 14oz can chicken broth
1 diced onion
1 10oz package refrigerated biscuit dough​
Serves:
6​
Directions:
1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, broth and onion in slow cooker.
2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on high.
3. One hour before serving, open biscuits. Roll each one to be about 1/4-inch thick and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
4. Add to the slow cooker, laying on top of chicken and liquid. Overlapping strips of dough will occur.
5. Continue cooking until the dough is no longer raw in the center, about 1 hour.​

See less See more
#11 ·
This sounds great! Thanks for sharing. ;)

#12 ·
My oldest son could do this! He loves chicken and dumplings but is not willing to do the work in the kitchen to get them. This would fit the I've got to have chicken and dumplings now munchies, and he can do it all by himself without my help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.