housing help?
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: housing help?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default housing help?

so im needing housing for this baby and I... I called HUD and PA housing authority and they said the wait list is 8-10 YEARS.

Im just at a loss of what to do and overly stressed and scared
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not sure if any of these are in your area, but I would start calling around.
    Camden County Shelters and Emergency Housing in New Jersey - HUD
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can the dad help look for housing?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can you rent a room? Maybe if you gave us some specifics we can help with ideas
    Frugalista Mama to DD 14 & DS 10
    Crazy Boxer *Sadie*
    **Debt Free Minus the House**

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Its gotta b in PA. Im not living with my dad full term now. Im mostly back in PA bc I am getting PA insurance and welfare and such. A room for rent might b okay but with a newborn?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe a place with a small kitchen? Are you living with the babies Dad (or planning to?)
    Frugalista Mama to DD 14 & DS 10
    Crazy Boxer *Sadie*
    **Debt Free Minus the House**

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

you have at least 5 months before baby is here. i would spend at least 3 of them saving like crazy so the last few weeks i could get things set up . as needed .

is there a reason you decided to list your residence as PA rather then move to NJ . In my findings south jersey has more affordable housing in safer areas than nearyby philly PA areas that i wuld consider safe - ( as long as you dont need to pay property taxes that is ).

i am from PA - K of P area - live in SJ my oldest son just a little younger than you has friends that live from philly to KOP area- have had relatives live and work in philly for a while and leave and pay more in pa for a smaller place then in south NJ. my 20 yo pays 500 a month to share a nice 2 bedroom apt in a renovated house in a nice family friendly area that is completely redone - so an not so newly done but still nice one would be less.

maybe a roommate situation with another single mom ?

are you on unemployment - working PT - ? what is the plan look for work ?

there may be some pro life agencies that will help you also .
    *~Debbi~*
    Happily Married Mom to 5 ; PT Home Care RN
    Living with FMS

“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more;
    Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”
    Swedish Proverb

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Getting Gazelle like 7/1/10
    Paid off 6 CC's totalling $6807 in 2010
    Paid off car 9000
    Quit 2nd Job for health reasons so going slower .
    purchased used car in cash 5000
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Is the babies father in the picture and going to help you out?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnW819 View Post
    Its gotta b in PA. Im not living with my dad full term now. Im mostly back in PA bc I am getting PA insurance and welfare and such. A room for rent might b okay but with a newborn?
    This may not be what you want to hear, but pioneer families lived together in one room: all of them.

So, of course, it can be done. Is it ideal? No. But don't write off the idea of baby and you being in a one room apartment. Unlike the pioneer families, you will have indoor plumbing and heat that you don't have chop and carry. I sincerely hope that you can find something better. But living in a one roomer is not the end of the world.
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Congrats on the baby...

and for the ideas and may not be what you want to hear but u do what you gotta do...you did state that you were living with your dad in a prior post...is that something you cannot do now? I would stay put if i were you and save like crazy so when you do have to leave you will have something to fall back on....
    2012 Goals

Credit card: $917.00/ 937.00

Room Downstair semi completion: $900

Countertop: $400

Deck $750

Bedroom revamp: $400

2 replacement windows $400-$500

intex swimming pool for the kids

get dh to build daughter a chicken coop

Health Challenge 0/20 lbs

no spend days 0/209

grocery reduction 27.76/$300

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You stated you were living with your dad...So where are you living now?

Also, most waiting lists are very long. Are you working? Where is the father? You said you were living with him for a year...dating not exclusively. Will he let you move back in?

The mom in me comes out:

This guy is going to have to step up in a hurry if you're not working. How will you support yourself once the baby arrives? You cannot be homeless & losing jobs with a baby. The dad is going to have to help you out. What's his plan?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ashley...I know some won't agree with me here and I'm not trying to be mean just realistic..I read that you were just recently homeless,jobless and now you are living with dad correct? Are you really ready for the responsibilty of having a baby? I mean you need to have some stabilty in your life when you become a mom kwim? Where is the Dad ? Does he have a job? Is he going to support you & the baby financially? I see you already applied for public assistance and no mention of the dad? I hope everything turns out okay for you I really do..
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by brenda67 View Post
    Ashley...I know some won't agree with me here and I'm not trying to be mean just realistic..I read that you were just recently homeless,jobless and now you are living with dad correct? Are you really ready for the responsibilty of having a baby? I mean you need to have some stabilty in your life when you become a mom kwim? Where is the Dad ? Does he have a job? Is he going to support you & the baby financially? I see you already applied for public assistance and no mention of the dad? I hope everything turns out okay for you I really do..
    Yes, yes, & more yes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay :-) the father is 100% in the picture but just lost his job so be is searching. I currently do not have a job but I'm also searching. I just "moved" to jersey 2 weeks ago. Reason I need to go back to pa is bc that's where my state health insurance is n the day I move out of state it cancels and I don't have the time to apply in nj for medical for the baby. It took over a month just to get it in pa. It would cancel my food stamps and everything. And also this is where my bf family is all at, most of my family, and we want to stay in Philly. I'm 100% okay with a room for us, but it will b the 3 of us so finding someone okay with that may b tricky :-) im in no way going to have an abortion or give this baby up for adoption bc I was told I can't have kids and when married we tried for years so this is a miracle. God will provide :-) also with a baby on the way.. I cannot stay at my dads.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Curious I thought you had mentioned it was not an exclusive relationship. Did he change his mind after you left ? So who are you living with now? How does this guy plan on taking care of you? Also, for legal reasons, is your divorce final? Trying to help...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast