Frugal Village Forums banner

Free Online Childbirth Classes

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  crdurham 
#1 ·
Anyone see this before? Just wondering if anyone had seen this or new if it would be helpful:

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/childbirthclasses/l/blclassindex2.htm

Class One: The basics of pregnancy, pregnancy adjustment, nutrition, and exercise. A look at pain in pregnancy, labor and birth and the beginnings of coping with pain.

Class Two: Comfort measures during pregnancy and labor/birth, pre labor, timing contractions, relaxation.

Class Three: First stage labor: from beginning to end. What to expect, how to cope and answers to questions like "When should I go to the hospital?" and "Is this the real thing?" Also emphasis on being a great labor support person.

Class Four: Second and Third Stage labor (pushing and placentas), birth plans, doulas, and lots of neat tips!

Class Five: This class will focus on medications, interventions and complications. We will cover cesarean birth, fetal monitoring, episiotomy, and more.

Class Six: Postpartum adjustment, newborn care (diapering, bathing, cord care), sex postpartum your 6 week check up, bleeding, and postpartum depression.

See less See more
#2 ·
I hadn't seen this. I took a six week class at the local hospital. It was very helpful. I think when its your first time, its good to learn all you can. But I learned myself, that no matter how much information you get it will never prepare you completly for the real thing. Well, that was the case with me at least...lol...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.