due date

Thread: due date

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default due date

Well, once again the due date has changed!!! This time the ultrasound tech gave me a due date of July 26th based on measurements, etc from the ultrasound yesterday. This date is the first due date they gave me from the date of my last period. Based on the u/s that my doctor did on 3/15 they gave me a due date of 8/2 and then 8/7 (not sure how they got the 8/7). What due date would you go with?

KimBob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

From the first day of your last period.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The baby will arrive when he's good and ready.... so I'd be prepared by the first due date, just in case.

My due dates changed several times, and then DD surprised us by showing up seven weeks earlier than the first due date anyway. But, based on how far along she was in development, (she was right on track for being seven weeks premature), the due date given by my ultrasound was the closest to her real "age".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

first babies usually come late, or early or on time. No one knows, the "due date" is just a guide. I'd do as amy said, be ready on your first due date but don't be surprised if that's not correct.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I believe that the most accurate due dates are those based on the ultrasounds done around 20-22 weeks of pregnancy, so that would be the most likely date. But that's only if you took the average over a large number of pregnancies. In any given pregnancy, you probably have a 60% chance of being within 2 weeks before to 2 weeks after.

malakito

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well my original date w/ Daniel was May 19. The u/s showed farther along so it was moved to May 2. I had him on the 12th. So take your due date as a "range" since most people don't go ON that date.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would go with "around" the one from your period. 38 to 42 weeks is normal range.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

based on my period my edd was Feb. 18 based on measurments in the u/s it was as late as March 7. I'd go with the day of your last period, but he will come out when he is ready

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I had 8 ultrasounds (due to complications) and it seems like every single one had a different due date. One little measurment can really throw things off as far as due date is concerned, DD was small for her gestational age, but her head was "big" (turned out it wasn't) and that threw everything off. I don't think my midwives or doc ever paid much attention, and neither did Maggie!

We stuck with first date of last period, and she was born (thankfully only) 5 days before that dat. Not bad for a baby everyone thought would be early!

Just be ready- late pregnancy ultrasounds are notoriously bad at measuring accurately (not anecdotal, I read studies on this when I was having complications in my pregnancy) so don't put too much stock in any you might have in the future. Everyone said my baby's head was huge and I would probably have to have a c-section even though I am a tall, wide-hipped woman. They didn't start saying this till toward the end after looking at the late ultrasounds. She came out with a perfect little NORMAL sized head.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spoke to the midwife yesterday and I told her what the u/s tech said and she wants me to still go with the latest due date they gave me - Aug 7th. I'm going to be prepared in July - due date given to me based on my LMP. Little Jacob will be here when he's ready. you would think that with all the scientific technology we have these days we could better predict when our little ones will be here. But maybe there is just something God doesn't want to be predicted!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by Daphne
    But maybe there is just something God doesn't want to be predicted!!
    You could be right on that. You just never know. Try not to stress over the date to much. Be ready by the earliest date, and remember when/if that goes by even doctors can only guess. This spoken from someone who just about went crazy waiting.....