Calling all expectant mothers....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Calling all expectant mothers....

If you've been told by a sonogrammer (?) that you're having a boy or a girl....lemme warn you not to bank on it. My friend's dd was happily surprised to be pregnant not long ago (they had been married for 10 yrs. and no birth control and no baby....they had completely, long ago given up). The sonograms told them to expect a baby girl. My friend met me recently to pick up a load of gifts from friends and family to send with her on her long journey down south to be there for the birth of said baby girl. The night before the c-section they washed and folded all the pink stuff and put it away. The dr. says in the operating room, well lookie here at this healthy baby boy! The couple thinks he's razzing them.....he's says no really it's a boy.... . The dad didn't believe it, so he finally climbs over the curtain to have a look-see for himself. Sure enough, it's a boy. Now I've told dfriend that since her recently departed mother's name was Sue that it would be quite appropriate to name him after her... (remember Johnny Cash's song....?). She said that her dad had already suggested that.
    I don't think he'll look bad in pink, do you? hehehe....

So, when buying your baby stuff or when someone asks if you know what you're having it's still not a bad idea to say no or buy yellow or green..... . The nurse told them that even in this day in age we're still wrong about 50% of the time.

~48 yr. old sahw, livin' it up in our empty nest, smack dab in the middle of everywhere.~

*We're debt freeeeeeeee! (including the house)*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Uh-oh! I bet that was a big shock!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had sonograms with 2 of my 3 children (wasn't offered one with the first, it was so long ago and in such a small town they did not even have the machine there) and with both of my children they were WRONG. DS was suppose to be a girl and they told me they thought he would be a small baby, he was 9lb 7oz and all boy. DD was suppose to be a boy and they not only had her sex wrong, they were wrong about her gestational age by over a month (they tried to convince me I was wrong on my dates ). She was breech and they got misleading measurements on her and took her C-section a month early and she ended up in the hospital with failure to thrive at 1 month old (that was when they finally admitted that they took her too early). I don't have a lot of faith in the sonograms . They are much more advanced now but still 50% wrong is kind of like saying "you might have a girl or you might have a boy" .

to your friends on the birth of their son.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My friend is a midwife and she says to only wash the going home outfit. Keep the tags and reciepts for the rest!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OOPS! Here I am realky excited my sibling and spouse found out they are having a girl. They were correct with both my boys though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They couldn't be for sure with DD1, they thought she'd be a girl. Miss K they were right. I had so many US's that we had plenty of double checking....still, though, I had it in my head that they could be wrong & I didn't go crazy on the pink until after she came.
    I've heard of too many stories where they were wrong. I'd only trust an amnio.

After all that time they got a baby. I've been there. I'm sure they're just as happy to have the boy & what a fun story to tell in the future.

Of course, even then....maybe they could mix up the sample & it could be the wrong baby...LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

YIKES!!! I can't edit!!!
    My last two sentences got mixed up. The remark about the sample getting mixed up was about the AMNIO!!! Not your friend's DD's baby!!!

Jeesh!!!! I am so sorry!!!! I didn't mean for that to be that way.....ARRRGG!!!!

Gosh, I'm so sorry!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They had it right each time with all of my kiddos. I had it wrong though. In my heart i was sure ds 1 wuold be a girl, dd would be a boy and ds2 would be a girl. Then i saw them on their u/s's and it was so clear, lol, no chance of these ones being wrong, rofl. they weren't shy at all!!
    ~~ Missy ~~

Planting and raising an urban homestead in the middle of Downtown big city right at the foot of the Rocky Mountains!

Zone 5 Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, Missy, I SWORE Ashleigh was a boy! I would have bet money on it! LOL! She was a girl.
    When I was expecting Miss K, I didn't even want to speculate, because I knew my instincts were awful.....couldn't trust my "gut" feelings....although, between you, me, and the wall, I kinda thought she was a girl.

KimBob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They had mine right with ds. If they are wrong this time, we will both be shocked after what we saw for ourselves and the pictures we brought home. Just my opinion, but I think a few things factor into them getting it wrong - one being that so many people are only allowed one ultrasound per their insurance. The tech you get makes a difference, too (their level of expertise in the field, etc.). Sometimes they just can't get a good picture/view, but they know you want to know the gender so I honestly think they just make a guess and tell you that's the gender! I've had 3 ultrasounds this time. If I had only had one, we'd be in the dark about the gender (although the tech did 'guess' correctly as far as we know). What she insisted was a boy was the umbilical cord!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheesh! My other 2 ultrasounds, it was obvious this is a boy, so like I said, we'll be shocked if it turns out it's not.

There are a lot of ultrasound pictures available online to help parents-to-be read the pictures they are sent home with themselves.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by mom22grls
    YIKES!!! I can't edit!!!
    My last two sentences got mixed up. The remark about the sample getting mixed up was about the AMNIO!!! Not your friend's DD's baby!!!

Jeesh!!!! I am so sorry!!!! I didn't mean for that to be that way.....ARRRGG!!!!

Gosh, I'm so sorry!
    No big deal.....I was thinking though....."they were the only people in the operating room....no other babies hanging out in there"...

~48 yr. old sahw, livin' it up in our empty nest, smack dab in the middle of everywhere.~

*We're debt freeeeeeeee! (including the house)*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow. Congrats to your friends.

I have a sweet friend of mine who had a similar situation. after 10 years or so they finally had a son. Although they didn't find out the gender ahead of time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didn't have one with dd #1, wanted it a suprise. DS#1 we couldn't tell...DS#2 plain as day he was a boy... I spotted it before the tech did and that wasn't a third leg he was growing... With dd#2 the tech said she thought it was a girl, but not to come after her if it weren't.. The position of DD2 made it look like either labia or a penis, and she could not get dd to move even for a second to take a closer look... LOL....Seemed very shy, and you can't tell that now.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I had 8 ultrasounds and every single one of them we saw the three lines they look for in girls. But if you don't have 8 ultrasounds all the same, I'd agree that it could be hard to tell.

Of course, it all really depends on they equipment they are using. My doctor's office had older (as in not the 3d) equipment, but still, the last ultrasound we got of DD (at like 35 weeks) looked just like her, and And I looked at my friend's ultrasound and said, "OMGosh, she looks just like her father!" Other than the tip of her now, she does....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That happened to me! When I was pregnant with my twins, the tech told me one of the babies was definitely a girl. Wrong! I had two boys. I only had one boy name picked out, and my mom had to go buy another outfit so the poor baby didn't have to leave the hospital wearing pink!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast