almost 23 weeks

Thread: almost 23 weeks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default almost 23 weeks

I'm almost 23 weeks pregnant right now. This little boy has been extremely active, moving around all the time. Up until yesterday that is. Usually when I sit at the computer or chair he's moving, or laying down at night he's moving all over. But not since yesterday. I layed in bed last night and he wasn't moving. I realized the last time I really felt him moving was in the morning. I finally felt a faint movement. Should I be concerned at this early if he's not moving like he was? I don't want to call the midwife if it's not necessary. Tell me what you think. Thanks
    Lisette

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you've been up and about a lot chances are you just aren't feeling the movements. I know what my midwife would say to do is drink a glass of water and lay down on your left side and rest for a while. You will probably start feeling the movements when you are resting. My little one doesn't seem to do a lot extra moving on days that I'm really active. I feel her more when I am resting. If you don't feel movement after resting for an hour, then maybe call your midwife. All they will probably do is check for the heartbeat, but at least it will set your mind at ease.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I wouldnt worry just yet, I mean the baby is getting bigger everyday and he is probably getting so big it's hard for him to move around, lol If you dont feel anything by tomorrow I would call the Dr. otherwise this happened to me in all 3 of my pregnancies, also I agree with the above, if your active most likely you will not notice the baby's movements.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am 29 weeks and have had days lately where I will panic late afternoon/evening thinking I haven't felt anything either. Turns out I was just too busy during the day to notice or it (baby) was too busy the night before and wanted to sleep all day. My best advice would be what has already been told, drink some water and lay down on your side. Also, please know that your midwife has been through this exact same thing with hundreds of other new moms and would certainly not think you were crazy for calling. If your mommy instinct tells you to call, by all means call and don't feel bad about doing it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thank you all for your advice. I think he may have been doing it on purpose!! lol... We went out to dinner around 7 last night and after that he moved around like crazy. It was quite a relief!! I daresay he moves around more than my last baby did at this stage. My husband even felt him move last night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad to hear the baby is doing okay