Frugal Village Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming is staring to think about Doomsday....

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Greebo 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Wow! That should make people set up and take notice...but, most will just stick their heads in the sand and mumble, "Can't happen here, This is America!"

And then get their butts blown apart!

Backwoodsgirl

#3 · (Edited)
Makes me wonder what that bit of political theater is really about. And in fact, I don't even have to wonder since its purpose is crystal clear.

Seems like it would be illegal for a state to start issuing its own currency and creating its own militia. And if they did, it would most likely turn out the same way it did in the 1860's.

#4 ·
Makes me wonder what that bit of political theater is really about.

Seems like it would be illegal for a state to start issuing its own currency and creating its own militia. And if they did, it would most likely turn out the same way it did in the 1860's.
Every state is supposed to have it's own militia to start with, isn't it?

But here's something interesting..

Cities are creating their own currencies

Towns Creating Their Own Currency May Violate The Constitution

And several states want their own currencies

States consider alternative currencies of gold and silver - Feb. 3, 2012

Things are heatin' up!

Just remember...you can't eat gold!

Backwoodsgirl

#6 ·
Each state has their own National Guard - which, in a post apocalyptic scenario, could be used an individual militaries.

#7 ·
#8 ·
I found this interesting because I've never looked it up before. Perhaps you all need to check out and see what your state has...

This is the State of Florida concerning militias:

250.02 Militia.—
(1) The militia consists of all able-bodied citizens of this state and all other able-bodied persons who have declared their intention to become citizens.
(2) The organized militia is composed of the National Guard and any other organized military forces that are authorized by law.
(3) The unorganized militia is composed of all persons who are subject to military duty but who are not members of units of the organized militia.
(4) Only persons exempt from military duty by the terms of federal law are exempt from military duty in this state.

Sounds like, anybody that can walk and shoot could be called upon to serve the State of FL if neccessary.

Backwoodsgirl

#10 ·
I admit I'm going to be a little out of line here. Mods, it's okay if you band me, really it is. ;)

Jamauk, you've been nothing but a Doomsday slayer since you joined. Just because your DH is a pilot.... You ranted on this board before that Obama is going to come knocking on your door to confiscate your weapons and how ammo is going to be so hard to purchase.. Yeah. I'm not going to talk about your racist crap, either.

Thanks to you guys, the economy grew a little. ;) And the Patriot Act too! *sigh*

Let me tell you something...Your DH is way safer flying an international plane now..under Obama, then he ever was under the Bushs'. Yeah. Something about world peace and how talking won't keep our enemies away?? Something about that world peace, Muslim, and the Saudies? But damn, he must not be a Christian..

So please, give credit were it it is due. I rather send my tax dollars to my homeland, were there is tons of people in need, than have a knee jerk reaction because of the ebil gov't..

#11 ·
For one.....my husband is not an international pilot. He rarely leaves US soil. When he does, it's only to go to the Caribbean.

For two....well, I'm not even going to dignify any of that with a response. I posted an article in a specific sub forum that was pertinent to this particular discussion.

If you have nothing to add to the discussion, please excuse yourself from it.

#12 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.