Anyone Use A Pressure Cooker? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a question and hopefully someone can answer it for me. I have only one jiggler for my pressure cooker and it's the type that is only one weight (I remember my grandma's had three or four different weights to it) and I'm not sure of the weight. What is the purpose of different weight jigglers?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have had several pressure cookers and never had more than one weight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My grandparents used a stove top jiggle style pressure cooker at least 2 times a week for over 30 years and had several blow ups, but I think they were mostly due to the gaskets and things get wore and don't seat properly in the channel. Because of that I was leary to buy one so I purchased an electric one. (actually 2 electric ones) Since they dont require the stove and are more like a fast cooking crock pot I can put something in it and leave the house while its cooking if I want to. It automatically releases pressure and switches to warm. I LOVE the thing. Couldn't live without it. I am the type of person who forgets to thaw something for dinner often and thats a big life saver.

Throw in some frozen italian sausages, jar of spaghetti sauce, some onions and chopped peppers turn on high pressure for 30-35 minutes and they are awesome.

Also frozen 3 pound chuck roast or stew meat, dump in a can of cream of mushroom soup (or your own cream of - mix and water) either some minced dried onion flakes or a package of onion soup, baby carrots and cubed potatoes, turn on high for about 90 minutes (probably wouldnt take as long but mine is always frozen and I want it falling apart!) and it makes a wonderful meal with terrific gravy that is great when homemade bread is dipped in it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123