Does WalMart limit returns?
    Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Does WalMart limit returns?

I've had to make a couple of returns to WalMart lately, some without receipts. I was just wondering if WalMart has a limit on this like Target and other places do? (A friend made a return without receipt to Target and was told she couldn't make any more without receipts because that was her third one this year.) My returns were all legitimate, items that just didn't fit or whatever, but still, I feel like I've been in there every few weeks lately and don't want anyone to question it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I read somewhere that they reserve the right to limit returns. I have never experienced this with Walmart but I don't return a whole lot of stuff either.

I would be interested to know what you find out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow...I haven't heard that before, but Like LuvMyHubby, I don't return a lot either. I didn't know Target had a policy either. Weird. I do know they are getting stricter about no-receipt returns because of employee theft.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Several years ago, I returned something to walmart without a receipt. They told me that it was my last one without a receipt, because I already had too many.

I just returned something at Target this week without the receipt. They asked for my credit/debit or checking account. I had used my debit card. They scanned it and found the transaction. Home depot is the same way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hiya,

A few yrs ago I return a lot of thing to walmart without receipts and I think they told me after 6 or 7 times that I would need my receipts. It was something they did with your Driver ID that told them you return to many times. Just last month I was able to return with out a receipts but for the most part I try to have my receipt now especial when I pay with cash.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WalMart calls it creating a record when you do more than three returns without a receipt and it clears every six months however any manager can override and approve the return.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our Walmart here has not limited me on returns. The only thing is without a receipt you only get a store card with the amount on it. Not your money back.
    Jeanna

Wife to Ken for 27 years
    DS 25
    DD 20

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I'll try again tomorrow. --Mary Anne Radmacher

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanna View Post
    Our Walmart here has not limited me on returns. The only thing is without a receipt you only get a store card with the amount on it. Not your money back.
    this is how our walmart does.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i've heard about target doing it but not walmart, but like most i rarely return items....usually if i do i ask the person to hold the item and i go get something to replace it with and just do an even exchange, is easier that way, either a different size or different item...hate for them to give me cash (or a card) back and have to go pick out sonmething and have to wait in a longerline topay again!