What is a good price per pound for a chuck roast? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'd starve if we waited for meat to go that cheap. You're not getting most meat for under $3 per pound up here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Original post was 2008

Then I would have said no not a good deal way over priced. Fastforward to 2012 and that is a common sale price here. Not an unbeatable rock bottom price but a good sale price.

Amazing how four years changes things.
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 20 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by MomToTwoBoys View Post
    I'd starve if we waited for meat to go that cheap. You're not getting most meat for under $3 per pound up here.
    Same here. I am so jealous of the prices you guys are saying. My rule is under $4 a pound for red meat and $3 for chicken and that is even hard some weeks. I only buy my meat at Sprouts though because it is hormone/antibiotic free meat. The past few weeks we have eaten a lot of chicken because there haven't been any red meat deals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just paid $9/lb. in South Korea. That was at the butcher shop where it's cheapest.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is a rather old post but can continue being updated.

2012 Early in the year a good sale price in the Baltimore area is $1.99/lb. Safeway still offers it as a loss leader at that price but not as often.
    The Free Spirit Saver who walks the path with Greebo.

Onboard with a modified Dave Ramsey Plan
    Budget: "Every month! On paper, on purpose!"

Gardening somewhere between Zone 6b and 7a.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

$3.50+ here in my area. But most of the time that is what I pay, Love the red meat.

Saying that, on tv the other day, I saw a report that said that the population of beef cattle in the USA is about the same as it was in the mid-1960's. Ranchers just can't feed the cattle any longer with feed prices, etc as high as they are. So, we will all be paying even higher prices for beef in the future if we choose to eat beef.

I think that I need to go in with a relative and buy a cow and raise it to provide our own beef.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Labontet View Post
    $3.50+ here in my area. But most of the time that is what I pay, Love the red meat.

Saying that, on tv the other day, I saw a report that said that the population of beef cattle in the USA is about the same as it was in the mid-1960's. Ranchers just can't feed the cattle any longer with feed prices, etc as high as they are. So, we will all be paying even higher prices for beef in the future if we choose to eat beef.

I think that I need to go in with a relative and buy a cow and raise it to provide our own beef.
    The stores here generally carry boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.79/pound if you buy the 3+ lb family pack. I buy one pack and put the whole thing in a crock pot with enough water to cover it and 2 boullion cubes on Sunday afternoon. That gives us enough meat for making meals during the week. Under $6, but its just me and one kid. This past week, we've made chicken tetrazinni for two nights (with salad and veggies), chicken salad for lunches, chicken/spinach alfredo lasagna for two nights (with texas toast and veggies), chicken/veggie noodle soup/stew (with leftover veggies from previous nights and the broth from the crock pot), and tonight will be chicken tacos with the remainder of the meat. Sunday nights are generally eat light, snack type meals - the fav being a big salad with fresh fruit and cheese and nuts. So, that's chicken week.

Then, we have red meat week the week after that. It starts with a 2lb meat loaf on Monday night. Tuesday is leftover meatloaf. Wednesday is peppers stuffed with wild rice and the last of the meat loaf. During the warmer months, Thursday is usually a 2 lb pot roast cooked in the crock pot with potatoes and carrots and celery, which will take us thru Saturday (after all the potatoes have been fished out and it's just mostly meat left, I add instant rice to the broth and shred up the rest of the meat and make hash, which we have with steamed broccoli). During the winter, it is usually a big pot of seafood/sausage gumbo or homemade chili. And, Sunday is again big salad night. Lunches during read meat week are sandwiches (meat loaf), leftovers, or just a peanut butter sandwich.

I buy the red and blue cheapie storage containers for leftovers. Blue means you can use it to make your lunch. Red top means 'STOP' I'm using this in another meal later in the week.

Then, it's back to chicken week.
    Last edited by just-me-in-tn; 02-11-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow this thread is over 3 years old, yet the prices given per pound for a chuck roast are lower than our "sale" price here and everyone thinks it's too high...gulp. $3.99 a pound here on sale. We don't have roast very often.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just bought a pork rib roast yesterday for pulled pork sandwiches tonight, and it is 668grams...cost 6.78 CAN. It's boneless.
    On Baby Step # 6 $25,386
    Mortgage pay off October 1 2014
    Proud supporter of Blessings In A Backpack and SPCA
    CrossFit lover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What is a good price per pound for a chuck roast?

Hi friends,
    Yummy!i have a habit to eat chuck roast,might it would be more expensive $4lb.I found a website called kickingsaving.in,they offer discounts on any food items. chuck roast charges up to less than $2lb. i tried this one.i hope this post may helpful to this community.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The best deal i can usually find around here is 2.49 a pound but that is getting harder and harder to find.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just got the sale ads for this week and one of our stores has it on sale for $2.99/lb.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default meat prices

yes, $3.49 is not cheap. but it may be the standard, not on sale price for chuck roast. sale prices; 7 bone chuck roast 2.5; boston butt 2; boneless short rib beef chuck 2.5; chuck roast 2.5-4; I agree porterhouse, tbone or ny strip about 6-7 on sale. If you really want to save, go to Save-a-Lot and buy it the day it expires, half of more or less. Briskets as low as $1/lb. Chicken on sale at 0.4/lb. Florida (location matters)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Beef has been over $3 a lb here too, eating a lot of chicken I refuse to pay that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12