Any ideas to use up bread crumbs?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Any ideas to use up bread crumbs?

I need lots of ideas to use up bread crumbs.

I have lots I made them from the end of whole wheat loaves I saved in the freezer.

I currently use them to make casserole toppings and to bread meat like chicken or as filling in meat loaf.

Can one make bread pudding with bread crumbs.

Any ideas on using them?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You can season them and coat mashed potato patties with them. Freeze until ready to use, then fry up in a pan.

Feed the birds?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Something I've been going to go with my bread crumbs is to use them to as I would for stuffed mushrooms but to stuff larger things. Baked, stuffed squash, peppers and fish are so yummy! You could chop nearly any combination of ingredients(veggies, cheese, meat, seafood) and use a small amount of binding ingredients(eggs or cream sauce, as you would casserole).You can use bread crumbs in the stuffing and to coat the caps of your stuffed items. I also like to use breadcrumbs for potato wedges. Add salt, Italian seasonings and Parmesan cheese to your bread crumbs. Coat raw potato wedges with oil and then dredge in crumbs. Bake in a greased pan. If I remember correctly it takes about 35 minutes. The recipe is posted here at FV somewhere under potato wedges.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Another thing I've been going to try(this is as yet untested) is to throw the crumbs back into the bread dough as you would uncooked oatmeal, flax seeds, wheat germ, etc.~

Parsimonious
    Tourist

You might make veggie patties. You need breadcrumbs, leftover veggies, oil and one egg. Put some oil into a pan and roast a finely chopped onion. Put into a bowl. Add any leftover cooked veggies (broccoli, carrots, some kidney beans, etc.) and some left-over potatoes. Mix with the onions and mash it with a fork (does not have to be very fine). Add an egg and mix well. Add spices. You now use the bread-crumbs to turn this wet mixture into something more dough-like. Add some bread-crumbs, knead, add some more, etc., until you have something that can be formed into patties. You can fry them in a pan, or bake them in the oven. Great on sandwiches

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

some more ideas:

put them in meatballs, spread on your mac n cheese and before you bake it, Olympia halibut (sour cream, chopped onion, breadcrumbs & cheese) on top of fish (then bake).