Frugal Village Forums banner

Swap cell phone battery w/o losing phone book?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Wendy99 
#1 ·
Hello all --

I am new to this forum; this is my first post.

I have a pay-as-you-go cell phone. I got this type because I use this phone infrequently and it was the most economical option I could find that also had good connections where I live. (It is a Tracfone.)

I am not tech-savvy. Recently, the battery has not been holding a charge for very long. I will probably need to replace this battery soon. Is there any way to do this without losing the names and numbers in my cell phone's "phone book?"

And, since I have purchased about six months' service and several hundred minutes worth of cell time in advance, is there any way to ensure that I will not lose these if I swap out the battery?

Is there anything else I need to know about replacing the battery?

This cell phone is a very simple (some would say primitive) Nokia phone. It came without any user's manual.

Online postings about Tracfone's customer service suggest that the information given is often erroneous, so I am reluctant to go that route.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sunny

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a Sony Ericsson w810i that's had its battery swapped with another phone of the same make and model. I've never lost the phone book or any other information inside of it while doing this.

I would contact Nokia's customer support branch and ask them. Different manufacturers have phones that may react differently to things like that.

#4 ·
I think the names and numbers are kept on those little itty bitty cards you have to insert. I had purchased a new phone and same brand as my old one tracfone. Instead of retyping all the names and numbers I just put in the teeny tiny card in the new phone and everything was there.

Hope that helps.

#5 ·
you wont lose it, even without a card. i have a pay as you go phone and my battery has fallen out when i dropped it several times. also when your phone goes dead you dont lose anything - its the same thing. it will be fine.:kitty:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.