what do you think of hand sanitizer?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default what do you think of hand sanitizer?

You know, I always was the type that simply washed my hands with soap and water. Now all of a sudden, I have noticed I'm buying hand sanitizer. And I'm not alone. I noticed the school and doctor's offices and even grocery stores have hand sanitizer dispensers. Not sure where else, but these are my most recent observations.

Have I jumped onto the fear wagon? Or do you buy/use it, too?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I actually read a study once that said that hand sanitizer was more effective than soap and water for no other reason than the fact that it was easier. They recommended that doctors use it instead of soap and water because it was much less likely to be skipped.

I bought two little squirt bottle types at the dollar store and I am going to refill it with my own alcohol mix. I wouldn't call it out of fear any more than I'd say I wash my hands out of fear.

One dollar for a bottle of sanitizer is a bargain if it keeps me from getting a cold.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't use it often. In fact, I don't like to use antibacterial soaps and cleaners as I am worried that they might lead to the development of 'super bacteria'. However I do actually carry a small container of hand sanitizer in my purse for occasions when hands need cleaning and there is no soap/hot water combination available, such as when we've been at the park, or travelling in the car for a long period and want to have a snack. Also if we are shopping and the store doesn't have wipes handy I will use hand sanitizer before and after handling the shopping cart, especially during cold and flu season.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I don't buy it but I do use it. If the store offers wipes, I use them. If the bathrooms and offices have the dispensers on the counter, I use them.
    We rarely have other people in our home so I don't think I need to worry about germs at home the same as I do about germs 'out there'. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I keep some around for when we are out and there is no way to wash your hands. We don't use them routinely though.
    Beak-1996, Toad-1998, and Q-1998
    House payments left: 1 2

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We use it. Especially like the indoor playground at the mall. I'm sure that is just swarming with yuckies. DD likes to use it and I think it's a good thing. I know that we wouldn't go and seek out a sink to wash in with the frequency that we use sanitizer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't think it's good for you and I don't buy it. I'll use it on occasion, at a hospital or something, but I won't use it regularly or give it to my kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i have it in every car for that just EWW gargage sale. I send it to school w/ the kids. I have some in the bathroom and kitchen. We only wash our hands w/ antibacterial soap. I think it's a good weapon against disease.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy a large bottle and fill smaller bottles that are kept in our vehicles for those times when you need to clean your hands but can't wash them. I also use the antibacterial wipes supplied in the grocery store to wipe the handle on my shopping cart.

I wash my hands and wash them often at home.
    House - Start $127,944 Balance $105,032

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't buy it. Very rarely I'll use it when I'm out if it's available. I really dislike the feel of it on my hands.

This year for the first time I see we are leaving bottles of it out on the circulation counter in the library, but I never see anyone using it in the evenings, and it doesn't look like it's being used up very fast. I imagine the students and staff use it much more on the hospital/clinics side, but I guess they don't feel too threatened in the library.
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like it but don't use it regularly. I use it most when traveling. We also use it at church after the kids have a gametime and before they have snack.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

When flu season is upon us, I take one in my bag for when I am out in public.
    Oct No Spend Days - 11 /20
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 250 /365
    2014 Oct Gas Challenge - $55 / $120
    Oct Keep Fit - 910 min / 930 min

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't used it even though I have two small bottles thanks to CVS. I keep on forgetting about putting them in my purse. All the hype about the different flu's has me thinking I should start using it. Also I will be around school age children and riding the bus more so figure I should take better precautions.

Tomorrow I will be getting the regular flu shot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to be very obsessive about it and had it in every car and made sure everyone used it whenever we were out........now I've backed away from it and only use it for those really ewwwwww moments! My youngest does have a small bottle in his backpack at school. Everyone he knows has some type of cold going on right now and he just got over something. Bathrooms at our high school are only open at certain times so if he has to clean his hands he has that.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I always carry hand sanitizer with me. I use it all the time just because I don't trust a lot of the general public's hygiene habits. I had a lady pay her water bill by pulling sweaty dirty money directly out of her bra. I sanitized the crap out of my hands and wiped down the counter with a lysol wipe too. Ick.

We have a big dispenser of the sanitizer on the customer counter at work, I've noticed quite a few people using it too.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast