How can I make the most of MyPoints?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How can I make the most of MyPoints?

Hi everyone! I have often read on FV about many of you using MyPoints to get giftcards for Christmas gift buying etc. I went ahead and signed up today. What should I do to maximize the program? I am completely new to it. So far I filled out the profile and completed a survey so I have about 180 points. I tried to download the toolbar but it made my firefox go crazy and I ended up having to restart it in safemode and uninstall the extension.

Any suggestions you all have would be greatly appreciated! Also, if anyone wants to join send me a pm and I'll refer you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i don't have any super tips for mypoints. i have received a gift card from them before so i think it is a good point program.
    make sure you are getting emails to click on. i visit the site every day. sometimes there are polls where you can get points. sometimes there are alerts (on the top tabs) where you can enter sweepstakes or do searches for certain things. the toolbar didn't work for me either. i also have firefox. make sure anything you do thru the site that you sign up with the same email you have at mypoints.
    when i got vonage several years back i went thru mypoints and did not get my credit. i didn't save the email they sent so couldn't get the points. so be careful if you are purchasing thru their links. make sure you keep emails and use the same info as your mypoints info.
    i also do swagbucks. you can get points every day for just a few minutes of your time. 1pt for daily polls, 2 points for clicking thru the free offers (noso), 1 pt for using the toolbar (i activate it then hide it afterwards) and whatever you can get from a search if you pick a term that pays out. also they have special swag codes that are time limited (i usually miss those).
    im in a bad way money wise this year and am hoping to get at least a couple of gift cards from these two programs for Christmas. i wish you the best of luck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just cashed out for $150 gift cards to buy a camera. I have been doing this program since they started. It is awesome! Anytime I purchase anything online I check their site to see if I can earn points. The daily 5pt emails and surveys too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I also fill out the surveys. If there is something I know I need to buy like holiday flowers in another state, I will go through their site for FTD. When Greebo orders clothing I will check the MyPoints system first to see if the merchant is listed.

It does take awhile for some points to show up to your credit. My FTD purchase was pending for 2 months. Other things as little as 4 weeks.

I do browse through their merchant list periodically to see if there is anything I need that I can get through the system.

I do not load things like the tool bar onto my computer, nor do I download anything not needed just to get a few points.
    The Free Spirit Saver who walks the path with Greebo.

Onboard with a modified Dave Ramsey Plan
    Budget: "Every month! On paper, on purpose!"

Gardening somewhere between Zone 6b and 7a.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I mostly click on the emails. If I am purchasing something online, I always check to see who has the best "shop-though" payback - sometimes it's MyPoints, but not always. My credit occasionally gives bonus cash back for shopping through their site, I'm also a member of a couple of other "shopping sites" that give cash back, UPromise gives you cash back for shopping through them - it's worth comparing them if you're already going to buy something.

I will signup for email newsletters to get 25-30 points, but I always go through my email stuff every 6 months or so and unsubscribe.

I don't bother with the toolbar - too much invasion of privacy for me.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If you use BzzAgent, the two work together to offer points. BzzAgent gives you products to review and tell people about, you go back to the website and fill out a report, they offer you points.

I am currently at 8K points. I've cashed out several times. Not sure what I am saving them for at this point.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought a gift from Barnes and Noble using a giftcard I already had @ 10 points per dollar. I also booked a flight through travelocity for 250 points. It looks like I can earn points for things I have to do anyway which is good

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    If you use BzzAgent, the two work together to offer points. BzzAgent gives you products to review and tell people about, you go back to the website and fill out a report, they offer you points.

I am currently at 8K points. I've cashed out several times. Not sure what I am saving them for at this point.
    I love BzzAgent! Definitely add this to your Mypoints.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

emails - anytime i shop online i check there first
    we use it for ordering contacts ( which can be done thru walgreens or walmarts website and counts for points )
    kohls -JCPenneys etc etc

i bought my oldest dd a 100 GC to victorias secret foor christmas and got points for that ( although when you ckick on a merchant it may tell you that GC dont count for some it doesnt )

you use to be able to go thru it for ebay - but right now you cant but watch it may come back . i buy alot of my homeopathics thru mypoint merchants - printer ink etc etc

it use to be you could have an acct for any member of family over 18 so my dh has one too .

one quick note if you wiat until into november to order your GC you may not get them until after the holiday as they may run out of their stock
    anytime i try to order for christmas i try to do so by the end of october to be safe..

have you signed up for swagbucks - you can earn amazon GC in 5$ incriments about 1 ever 6 weeks if you only do web searches that earn you points and their daily poll. i try to do websearches on things that are in the news they tend to give higher points