Frugal Village Forums banner

cost of living in New Hampshire

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  frugalfranny 
#1 ·
we are currently considering moveing from maine to new hampshire for my husbads job. trying to get an idea on general cost of liveing, maybe average prices for milk, loaf of bread etc? i've been able to get gas prices of gas buddy and are running about .10 cheaper per gallon than here. any help would be great.

#2 ·
If you google cost of living comparator you will find websites where you can put in 2 different zip codes, or city names, etc., and your current income and it will tell you how much more, or less, you need to make to maintain the current lifestyle you have where you are now with what income you list.

Bankrate.com has this feature and it will list side by side all kinds of different services and grocery items and show you how much they are where you live and where you would be moving to.

#3 ·
i did check them out but they have no city listed even close to where we currently live nor do they have the city we might be moveing to listed. i cant seem to search by zip just the prelisted towns they have:scratch:

#4 ·
Sky - it depends on where in NH. Down south, for example Concord, Manchester, prices are higher than in the north. Not counting Lebanon, its a college town - therefore, higher prices, too. Although I live in VT, I shop NH as much as possible - no tax!

#6 ·
Good luck with your fact gathering. My DH used to work in Rochester about 10 years ago. Many people from my area drive the 1/2 hour to go to Market Basket for groceries. NH Community Profiles is a site that you can look up many NH communities. This is a forum where you can ask away, I'm not sure how active it is as I haven't visited it for some time. City-Data.com Forum: Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions

I'm not sure if the whole city has trash pick-up, water or sewer.

piney

#7 ·
Im not sure if you've ever used WolfRamAlpha . com for searching, but I did a search for "moving from portland, maine to rochester, new hampshire cost of living"... Id post a link, but since this is my first time posting, I doubt the moderators would like that... Good luck with the move!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.