How much coffee do you put in your 'my k-cup'?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question How much coffee do you put in your 'my k-cup'?

Just wondering how many teaspoons/tablespoons of ground coffee do you put in your 'my k-cup'? I'd like to start using ours however I've read horror stories of those that both have over filled & under filled the cup.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've had our kerig for a little over 2 years now and loved the my k-cup. I like my coffee really strong, when we make a10 cup pot we always use 2 scoops which is 4 tablespoons. A little over actually. I've found that it takes a little over a tablespoon in the k-cup to get it close to what I want and that's very wasteful to me so I don't use it as much anymore. Only when it's late and I want a cup. The kerig is amazing though! It's a shame that their k-cups are so expensive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I pretty much fill the cup up all the way and then tap it on the counter to pack it in and get a little more in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like my coffee strong. I fill about 3/4 full and that usually works for me. I have filled it too full and had it overflow before, not fun.

Registered User butterflywatcher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I fill mine almost to the top and tap it down a little bit. Just experiment. Personally though, I'm spoiled with K cups and hate it when we run out and I have to use that other thing. It's just not the same. I usually end up using my French press at that point.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm ignorant: Is there a cup for the coffee machine that you can fill, or do you just use a used cup and refill it? I don't own the machine, but have thought about it. But the thought of how expensive the little cups are have deterred me.
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-K-Cup-Reusable-Coffee-Filter/dp/B000DLB2FI"]Amazon.com: Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514HHW15KFL.@@AMEPARAM@@514HHW15KFL[/ame]

Our machine came with a starter kit which contained a 'My K-Cup' and a few boxes of cups to try out. We have since used them all up and I bought a box of cups for DH and a few single cups (various flavours) for me to sample to figure out if I'd be willing to commit to an entire box. So while I'm trying to try out all the cups available, I'd like to be able to enjoy the organic coffee I buy (for the coffee pot). I still brew 1/2 a pot for me daily and just keep it warm in a thermos until I'm ready for my second cup. Being able to use the 'My K-Cup' will enable me to have a cup of coffee 'whenever' w/o having to bust out the coffee pot.

We generally use the Keurig on weekends - DH will wake up very early and I like to sleep in. This way he can start his day w/o disturbing mine Its also great for the hot water in which I can make a cup of tea day or night.
    Last edited by Libby; 02-10-2012 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Forgot something! :)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use about a tablespoon of coffee per cup. It fills the K-Cup right around 3/4 full.

Personally, I do not like our Keurig. DH and I were saying tonight that while we appreciate his mom for giving it to us, we just find it to be a pain and the coffee from the K-Cup is not as good as the coffee from our regular maker. We decided to put ours away this weekend and we're going to go back to our good old Mr. Coffee coffeemaker.
    DD (20)
    DS (17)
    DH (over the hill - the big 4-0)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i love the keurig. the price of the cups were a deterrent for me. but now that i bought it i am spoiled. we each have a coffee or two in the morning. we are on different schedules as well. most of the time we usually use it for tea during the day or evening.we are avid tea drinkers. but when we need to break it up we use swiss miss hot cocoa packets instead of the kcups. i also use packets of alpine hot cider that are not kcups. they taste much better as well.

decided to make this one of our little splurges.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the K-cups, but I don't like the price or the waste (if they were biodegradable, I'd feel better). My mother works for a company that processes the filter paper they use in the K-cups and gets 4-8 boxes for Christmas that she passes along, and people will buy them for me for birthdays. I use the My K-cup when I run out of them!

I also like that DS (5) uses it to make hot chocolate. I know it's just overpriced instant cocoa mix, but I think it teaches him a little autonomy and a little about his way around the kitchen.

Registered User butterflywatcher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's a splurge for me as well. I don't care. I'm a frugal shopper, paid down all of my debt (except for car payment), watch every penny that comes in and out of the this house. I'm a stay-at-home mom (not by choice, got stage IV breast cancer in 2003). The amount of money I spend on K cups each month is my reward to myself. Of course my teens and husband also enjoy it!

I'm not even going to say how much I spend each month on K cups because my frugal sisters would freak out! It's a lot. But to me, well worth every penny.