Frugal Village Forums banner

No-Grate HM Laundry Soap Recipe

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bent 
#1 ·
#2 ·
As much as I dislike grating soap, I will keep doing it.

Dish soap can make clothes fade faster and strip the coating off the threads.

I can't imagine what the suds would do to the machine after a while. The writer had only been using it a week and just about went through the whole gallon? Unless she is an "Undercover Duggar" that's a LOT of soap!

It won't cost a lot to mix it up, but I don't think it would work out in the end if you have to replace faded clothes or a funked up machine.

#3 ·
if your looking for a no grate soap: I've did this as an experiement many yrs ago for teaching (actually wanted to see what would happen and used teaching children as excuse lol) I took a bar of soap (if memory is working I used ivory-reg size bar) a lidded container and water. it took about seven days to, according to dd who was 4 at the time, make white snot. I would turn the bar twice a day and used a small wgt to hold it submerged. for larger bars it may take longer but if you don't want to grate give it a try.

#4 ·
Good idea Bent!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.